+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: GSP retirement: I'm going crazy, can't sleep, have issues, and need to get away

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Funny thing is, on that episode I remember Rogan goading it out of GSP about the aliens and then telling him they wouldnt want him saying anything that could impact his career.

And there Rogan is throwing it right back in his face.
    Yup, I remember it vividly. For someone who "doesn't blame GSP for the decision," he acted as if he had. Rogan pretends to be all ego death but constantly makes these silly gaffes forgetting the voice he has with his celebrity. Oppie and Anthony is not as friendly a platform as his podcast is which he often forgets when he is on their show.

I am pretty sure Rogan will say the same thing on his podcast when asked about GSP, minus the aliens. Not cool to eek out a confession then spur it onto the public at the most vulnerable time of his career.

That said, GSP has taken alot of mileage of brain trauma in the past couple years. I would like to see him retire when he still has his marbles and his massive wealth rather than watch him go broke after his marbles are all over the floor. GSP owes nothing to the fans, the UFC, Dana White or Johny Hendricks. He owes it to himself to live his life in a manner that would provide him with the most joy.

Maybe Rogan is actually right and GSP will have brain damage if he does not quit.
    He had troubles talking and expressing his ideas after the fight with Hendricks. I would not want GSP to be a second Diego Sanchez or to become James Toney or Gary Goodridge
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Maybe Rogan is actually right and GSP will have brain damage if he does not quit.
    He had troubles talking and expressing his ideas after the fight with Hendricks. I would not want GSP to be a second Diego Sanchez or to become James Toney or Gary Goodridge
    GSP has not taken the kinda KO that guys like Liddell has taken towards the end of his career. He has not taken the punishment that Diego has taken in all those wars he's fought. GSP just has taken shots to his face, and those cuts and wounds heal over time.

GSP HAS ALWAYS had trouble speaking and expressing his ideas because he doesnt know how to say it fluently in English. If he spoke in French, it would be easier for him to say what he wants. Not to mention he was trying to be vague as possible because he didnt want to reveal about the stress he was going through.

If GSP didnt take any punches to the face or had any emotional crisis, he would have still talked the same way he did at the post fight conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Funny thing is, on that episode I remember Rogan goading it out of GSP about the aliens and then telling him they wouldnt want him saying anything that could impact his career.

And there Rogan is throwing it right back in his face.
    Rogan somehow gets a pass for a lot of the dumb shit he says. Maybe ots because hes very open and honest abput his life, im not very sure. But ppl tend to take his word as gospel, ( by people i mean morons in "deathsquad" and fans that arent educated about mma so they think joe is a genius). It also doesnt hurt that dana has his back 100% so he does t have to worry about any backlash from his boss. Dana even had his back when Fox told Rogan to tone it down. Wich would honestly make joe a way, way better commentator.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    GSP has not taken the kinda KO that guys like Liddell has taken towards the end of his career. He has not taken the punishment that Diego has taken in all those wars he's fought. GSP just has taken shots to his face, and those cuts and wounds heal over time.

GSP HAS ALWAYS had trouble speaking and expressing his ideas because he doesnt know how to say it fluently in English. If he spoke in French, it would be easier for him to say what he wants. Not to mention he was trying to be vague as possible because he didnt want to reveal about the stress he was going through.

If GSP didnt take any punches to the face or had any emotional crisis, he would have still talked the same way he did at the post fight conference.
    GSP has been in the octagon more than any fighter ever, that does something and who is to say chuck is not/will not become brain damaged?

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    GSP has been in the octagon more than any fighter ever, that does something and who is to say chuck is not/will not become brain damaged?
    Yes he has, and that must have taken a toll on his body, but I was responding to Pashak's brain damage comment. GSP has not taken a lot of KO blows or shots to the temple, (to the face he has), but he has defended a lot of punches with this mobility to not get hit on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Bi-lingual people often mix words up when they are speaking their second language. You should know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Yup, I remember it vividly. For someone who "doesn't blame GSP for the decision," he acted as if he had. Rogan pretends to be all ego death but constantly makes these silly gaffes forgetting the voice he has with his celebrity. Oppie and Anthony is not as friendly a platform as his podcast is which he often forgets when he is on their show.

I am pretty sure Rogan will say the same thing on his podcast when asked about GSP, minus the aliens. Not cool to eek out a confession then spur it onto the public at the most vulnerable time of his career.

That said, GSP has taken alot of mileage of brain trauma in the past couple years. I would like to see him retire when he still has his marbles and his massive wealth rather than watch him go broke after his marbles are all over the floor. GSP owes nothing to the fans, the UFC, Dana White or Johny Hendricks. He owes it to himself to live his life in a manner that would provide him with the most joy.
    This is what i was thinking but dont have the writing skills or vocabulary to make it sound this good. Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Rivethead is a sexagenarian.
    Still surprised that RH did not even look at the "How old is RH?" thread!

GSP rumors "all false"
    http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...rs-qall-falseq
    All the rumors that came out about Georges St Pierre yesterday are nonsense.

That is according to various sources close to the situation, including former manager Shari Spencer.

She was alleged to be suing St Pierre for $4m dollars, an allegation which came from St Pierre’s former-former manager Stephane Patry.

“Georges St Pierre might have 99 problems but I ain’t one,” she tweeted on Tuesday.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information