Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: GSP retirement: I'm going crazy, can't sleep, have issues, and need to get away

Why the obsession to know what are GSP's personal problems?

It is his business, he is a grown man and he will know how to take care about his problems. Maybe indeed his fighter is dying, a girl is pregnant and has problems because of her former manager, maybe all of that is true but now they are saying that all of that is BS because they don't want people to know it.
    Maybe soon GSP or someone will invent which is his personal problem so we all shut up and stop speculating.

It is not our business, we all have problems, why should we care so much about which are the personal problems of a fighter?
    People that have absolutely nothing to do in their lives are the ones that love so much to read about personal stuff of famous people, so they don't feel that miserable and they have something to talk about with their equally useless friends.

I think we all have lives here, why should we care about personal problems of GSP?
    Let's focus simply on his way of fighting, training etc.
    His personal life should not concern us at all.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

North American culture is obsessed with fame and celebrity due to media indoctrination from the age of 3. Fast food for the brain.

Celebrity worship is indicative of or a cause of mental health and body image problems.

Let's all worry about GSP's mental health problems!
    Last edited by Sniggles; 11-19-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Georges St-Pierre's ex-manager Shari Spencer denies being a 'problem,' court documents reportedly prove otherwise
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/11/19/5...uments-lawsuit
    according to TMZ -- the same "source" that botched the news about his father, as well as the one that incorrectly claimed St. Pierre was dealing with an unplanned pregnancy -- it is in possession of court documents that prove otherwise.

Tangible proof!

That's its latest claim at least::

Georges St-Pierre cut a $737k check to his former manager -- after the woman sued the UFC champ for screwing her out of her contract ... and according to court docs, she could still be in line for a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR payday. TMZ Sports has obtained documents filed in Clark County, Nevada, which show GSP was sued by ex-manager Shari Spencer after the two parted ways in 2011.... The court docs show ... the judge agreed with Shari and ordered GSP to cut a check for $737,066.35 -- which the fighter paid back in April. But there's more ... the judge also ordered GSP to pay Shari's management company the following:

-- 20% of future revenue on various UFC Pay-Per-View fights
    -- 20% of royalties earned under a 2008 UFC merchandising contract
    -- 5% of future revenues from sponsorships she apparently helped him earn (including Affliction and RUSHFit).

Of course, it could mean everything and possibly nothing, because for all we know Spencer could no longer be pursuing the case after the initial ruling. If the report is accurate, St. Pierre already settled the dispute with a hefty payoff. The future royalties / revenues would certainly be cause for distress if still in effect, but for the biggest star in the sport -- one who reportedly hauls in $12 million annually -- it would appear to be a drop in the bucket.

I am wondering if GSP's issues might stem from his blackouts. GSP once told us that he has periods of life stemming back from when he was a child where has experienced missing time and does not know what happened. He used similar language when he was talking about it, feeling like he's going crazy etc.. Could he be having more of these experiences?

GSP has not exactly taken a beating in his career. Even if he has absorbed 50% of the strikes he has ever taken in his last 3 fights, it's still not much compared to most fighters. If he was having these experiences since he was young it would indicate it is not trauma related.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/11/20/5...happy-well-mma
    Georges St-Pierre ✔ @GeorgesStPierre
    Follow
    Johny and I gave you the Fight of the Night- hope you enjoyed it! Forget all the rumors- on vacation, happy & well!!! pic.twitter.com/GVZHLcutTn

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Fucking polar bear Canadians... that water is cold as fuck.

I think GSP wants to retire, I think he just wants to give the farewell speech in Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    I think GSP wants to retire, I think he just wants to give the farewell speech in Montreal.
    yep... probably also in French to make sure that people understand what he's saying... unless of course... he get's abducted by aliens on the way to the arena...

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Fucking polar bear Canadians... that water is cold as fuck.
    cant be any colder than Lake Michigan and I walked out about ten feet into it with my 5 year old son in my arms just so he could experience the waves without getting soaked and freezing... Shit I been saying I'm a polar bear for years now tho haha

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    cant be any colder than Lake Michigan and I walked out about ten feet into it with my 5 year old son in my arms just so he could experience the waves without getting soaked and freezing... Shit I been saying I'm a polar bear for years now tho haha
    If it's salt water it can be colder lol I turn blue in the water here in the summer.

Thread Information