+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: GSP retirement: I'm going crazy, can't sleep, have issues, and need to get away

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Right. Because we know exactly what's going on with Georges, and mental illness can't be as debilitating as whatever made Jones postpone facing Glover.

rh
    You are simply guessing that mental illness is the reasoning. Do you have a hidden forte for pronostication?

Regardless of what his problem is, he should clarify what he meant with his post-fight comments.

Hendricks has been acting like a douchebag since the fight, he is such a sore loser.
    He was all smileys between rounds and he was celebrating like crazy with his team before the decision was made, it was very stupid because it was a close fight and the dec could have gone either way.

Now he acts like a very very bad loser. Making stupid excuses and saying bullshit like "If GSP can't handle being champion...", how can he talk like that about someone that has been champion for 6 years?
    GSP can very well handle being a champion, a different thing is that he is also a human being and he also has problems like the rest of "common" people.

If Hendricks wants to sleep 3 hours every night it is his decision and his problem, no one is forcing him to do that.
    He can not bash other people because they are not doing that stuff.

GSP is one of the greatest MMA fighters ever, you may like his style or not, but you can't argue that he is an awesome champion, and to say that he can't handle being it, is absolutely stupid!
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Georges St-Pierre mentor won’t support comeback

Earlier this week we were told that UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre would not fight again unless boxing trainer Freddie Roach was in his corner and now it seems as if "Rush" would have to do without the support of his mentor Kristof Midoux were he to decide to fight again. After winning a controversial decision over challenger Johny Hendricks one week ago at UFC 167, St. Pierre announced that he was stepping away from MMA competition, at least for now.Pre-fight, Midoux had said publicly that he'd advised the fighter to retire after the Hendricks fight. Now that St-Pierre seems undecided as to what he'll do in the immediate future, Midoux has spoken up again, this time saying that if the welterweight champ decides to fight again, he would not be in his corner as he usually is.

"If he decides to return, for any reason, I will not be in his corner. I do not want to see him suffer more, having accomplished what all dream to accomplish," Midoux told Le Journal de Montreal, according to Google translate.

"He has another life that awaits. I think he has many other things to do, instead of trying to find out who is the strongest in the world, because he has proved that it was him."

That's an interesting twist. We wonder if Midoux will have an influence on what St-Pierre decides to do.
    Oh, and Midoux apparently has a caveat to his earlier promise. He would consider cornering St-Pierre again if the champ takes two years off before fighting again.

"If someone [after St-Pierre] keeps the belt for two years, then, perhaps, I would stay in his camp. He would still be young at 34, and then, he would be completely regenerated," Midoux said.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    You are simply guessing that mental illness is the reasoning. Do you have a hidden forte for pronostication?
    I don't know anything. But assuming he's not injured is a big assumption.
    and it's actually prognostication, but thanks for playing.

Regardless of what his problem is, he should clarify what he meant with his post-fight comments.
    I'm actually fine with him taking a week or three off. Recover, clear his head a bit, assess.
    I'd rather have an informed, intentional statement that he'll probably back up rather than something under pressure that he may reverse and look like he has no integrity.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

What a terrible role model. I love how people take these news articles out of context instead of waiting to watch the video to see the other 70% of communication which is non-verbal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post

What a terrible role model. I love how people take these news articles out of context instead of waiting to watch the video to see the other 70% of communication which is non-verbal.
    I watched it and it seems to convey the same thing I read in the article.. Not really a different context.

that hand wraps thing is one of the stupidest things ive ever herd. And ive said/herd some pretty stupid things before.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    that hand wraps thing is one of the stupidest things ive ever herd. And ive said/herd some pretty stupid things before.
    His beard was itchy and couldn't pull the trigger o.0

Pulled the trigger well enough to make mashed beets out of the champion's face.

But not enough to win the fight (in the eyes of the judges). Ouch!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information