Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: GSP retirement: I'm going crazy, can't sleep, have issues, and need to get away

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    he probably isn't watching it because he knows he will feel like a fucking idiot when he realizes that the fight was much closer than he made it seem and that gsp possibly won.
    This was largely the feeling for many fans, reporters and also Hendrick's own team in that watching it live, it seemed like GSP was losing convincingly. After re-watching it, many people realize that the fight (using the 10-point system) was a very close fight. Dana should feel like an idiot for coming down so hard on the NSAC, GSP, etc. Instead we have Lorenzo mentioning that the fight was far from a horrible decision or a robbery but the decision was reflective of a close fight.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    he probably isn't watching it because he knows he will feel like a fucking idiot when he realizes that the fight was much closer than he made it seem and that gsp possibly won.
    Or because he is an extremely busy man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Dana always talks about how he watches fights again or that he has watched a fight "three or four times now"

yes, he couldn't possibly find 25 minutes out of the last two weeks to re-watch a fight.

or to apologize to Del Rosario's family.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Coach: GSP return to fighting is 50/50
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...hting-is-5050/
    Tristar head trainer Firas Zahabi spoke with Canada's Sportsnet last week about the return of UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

"I don't know. It's 50/50 and I don't think he knows either," said Zahabi as transcribed by MMAFighting. "I think if he ends it this way, it was good. He ended up with Fight of the Night. An incredible seesaw battle. He showed heart, he showed guts, he showed he's a fighter."

"He has 22 fights in the UFC, alone. That's a lot of training camps. That's a lot of years of sacrifice. He can't go out. He can't do this. He can't have a wife and kids. He can't have a steady girlfriend. He can't have anything normal in his life. He's living a very unbalanced life. How long does he want to do that for? He's 32. When is he going to start living his life? At 40? It's a hard decision for him to make and he's got a lot of things going on in his life. He has to decide what he wants to do. Nobody can decide for him."

"I tell him, it's about motivation. Do you have the motivation to do this again? If yes, and you want to put your life on the back burner and do another camp, lets do it. If you don't have the motivation to do it, don't do it. You're just going to go out there and get hurt. You're going to cut corners and be miserable and you're going to go out there and you're going to get hurt."

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Coach: GSP return to fighting is 50/50
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...hting-is-5050/

I think Georgey is done. Lots of people are looking at it from Jonny Hendrix's perspective about deserving a rematch or whatever. And he does, if Georges keeps fighting. If not, he blew his one shot at best WW champ and that's tough, but that's that. From Georges perspective, I would probably retire if I were him...if I were having thoughts about life outside of fighting - women, drinks, food, spending the millions I fought for, women.

I'm going to be 32 shortly and if I could retire from my job, it'd be tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Well atleast you are smart.

I didn't even look at his rep. But hey, anytime the Canadian who changed his name can mention penis, he's happy.

Heh heh, Sniggs, he said Penis. Yeah heh heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Well atleast you are smart.

I didn't even look at his rep. But hey, anytime the Canadian who changed his name can mention penis, he's happy.

Yes he is so damn busy that he spends countless hours arguing with random fans in Twitter.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information