Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: GSP retirement: I'm going crazy, can't sleep, have issues, and need to get away

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Im sorry, but who are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Im sorry, but who are you?
    We all know how you think rep is a determination of how important you are in interweb land.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    We all know how you think rep is a determination of how important you are in interweb land.

Hahahahahaha. Yeah, that thought process is more embarrassing than the lad ripping on GSP.

I think he makes a very good point if you are looking at it from the perspective of, "Who are you to tell GSP he owes something," and "Who are you to criticize the heart, will, and determination of a tried and true champion."
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by somethindarker View Post
    Georges has a responsibility to his fans, Hendricks and more importantly himself. He's still in his prime and arguably lost his most recent fight. All the bullshit he's spouting about not sleeping is just whining and an excuse to walk away with his "legacy" intact.
    GSP doesn't owe us anything but a timely decision on what he is going to next like RIV said. Im sorry, but GSP doesn't need excuses to keep his legacy intact - his legacy speaks for itself.

Hendricks has 3 kids, a wife and I'm sure a shot ton of other responsibilities yet he still does interviews, trains, does PR and fights. What a bullshit excuse.
    Has he been doing PR/Interviews/Phone calls/Meet and Greets/Q and A's/TV show appearances/etc/etc for the better part of 8 years? No? Then he has no idea what responsibilities GSP has and the responsibilities that come with being A) a champion and B) a champion for that long

How would it look if I decide to take 2-3 years off work because I'm having trouble sleeping? Are commercials, music videos and short films gonna shoot themselves? It's his job grow a fucking pair Georges and if you want time off leave the belt take your asterix and let other men have their shot.
    Well, are you the very best at your job - where you are so good that you have been at the top of your profession for as stated above the better part of the last 8 years? Are you so good at your job that no one has even come close to being as good as you at that said job until as recently as 3 weeks ago? Im gunna go out on a limb and say the answer to those questions are no - thus your comparison doesn't fit in this situation what so ever.

Seriously what happened to time where champions were tough and made of oak? They are supposed to represent the best of the best in mentality, personality, ability and physicality.
    Sooooo GSP isnt tough as oak? Did you not watch him overcome everything Johnny threw at him and STILL WON THE FIGHT??? Also, does GSP not represent the best of the best mentally, personality, ability and physicality? Because those things have been said about Goreges for a long time.

Anderson and Cain are the only two that come to mind where they actively want to fight the best and have a no bullshit personality. Even when Cain lost to Dos Santos with a... torn bicep(was it?) he never said anything it was leaked from his camp.
    Anderson Silva - no bullshit....? Really? You cant be serious. And no, it wasnt a torn bicep for Cain it was a torn meniscus in his knee.

GSP has entertained all of us for the past several years, and even though he has gotten paid well for it, I think it is us that owes a lot more to him than what he owes us. I do believe he has a contractual obligation to the UFC, but that's about it.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I think he makes a very good point if you are looking at it from the perspective of, "Who are you to tell GSP he owes something," and "Who are you to criticize the heart, will, and determination of a tried and true champion."
    Ball bustin'.

Ball bustin'.
    No ill intent from me. Just saying.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

9. Default

SIMPLE ball busting JACK

Ball bustin...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information