Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen Feels Middleweight Is Where He Needs To Fight

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Sonnen was treated like a doll, and once again he showed that he has no heart. Not only he immediately taps when someone has a submission on him, but in this fight he tapped due to strikes that did not seem that were doing too much damage.

If he loses to Wand, he should be cut from the UFC
    Not doing much damage at all?!?! Rashad was POUNDING him not to mention the huge elbow Suga landed that forced Chael to give up his back in the first place.

^ yeah, not doing much damage at all....

Also, you want Chael cut if he loses to Wand...can the same be said about Wandy if he loses to Chael?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Not doing much damage at all?!?! Rashad was POUNDING him not to mention the huge elbow Suga landed that forced Chael to give up his back in the first place.

^ yeah, not doing much damage at all....

Also, you want Chael cut if he loses to Wand...can the same be said about Wandy if he loses to Chael?
    LOL, exactly what I was thinking when reading his comment. Rashad came out in BEAST MODE for that fight and was throwing vicious shots, landing each one. I dont blame Sonnen for tapping out to those, as he saved himself further brain damage. Those punches would have stopped any fighter in the LHW division, especially if they couldnt get back to their feet.

Dont think either will get cut. Sonnen is a company guy who will step up for any fight on short notice. Wanderlei has been lucky to alternate wins and losses, so he is not in jeopardy of getting cut should he lose to Sonnen, since he is coming off a win to Stann.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I really don't see anyway that happens and I am not sure if I want it to. Big fan of both guys.
    I don't see it happening either, just adding to his statement.

Sonnen was treated like a doll, and once again he showed that he has no heart. Not only he immediately taps when someone has a submission on him, but in this fight he tapped due to strikes that did not seem that were doing too much damage.

If he loses to Wand, he should be cut from the UFC
    Did you miss the part where Sonnen tried to get up but was too dazed? Cause if you watch the .gifs or replays you will Sonnen try to get up but can't because he is out of it. No no, those punches where just love taps.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Is there anyone on these boards that is more blinded by their hate than Pashak?
    I don't think Pashak knows what objectivity is.

In Mother Russia objectivity .......shit. I thought I had something there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

...something you wait in line for three days for, but they never had any in store in the first place?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I am not saying that Rashad's punches were love taps but watch other fighters take literally bombs and they do not give up. Look what punishment Shogun was taking against Hendo (Obviously there will be some smartass posting a gif of Shogun tapping against Jones, so first of all I am talking about Shogun vs Hendo, and secondly Shogun anyway took way much more damage in that fight that Cahel did against Evans), look what punishment Maldonado took from Teixeira and I can name you many more examples of fighters that were eating huge amounts of bombs and still they kept fighting till the end.

You can try to defend Sonnen all you want, he is a good wrestler but he has no heart.

Depends on how he loses.
    Anyway if Wand loses he will be 2-3 in his last 5 fights. If Sonnen loses, he will be 1-4. Not the same thing, you know?

Is there anyone on these boards that is more blinded by their hate than Pashak?
    Yes. YOU, when it comes to Vitor Belfort.

I don't think Pashak knows what objectivity is.
    Oh sure, I am so sorry that I am not a fan of that Twitter clown.
    Sorry that I pointed the fact that he tapped due to strikes when nowadays it is very very rare that a UFC fighter tap due to strikes.
    But of course I have no idea what objectivity is.

I should have said "He did a very good fight, but Rashad was simply a bad fight stylistically for him (just as Jones, Anderson, Maia and many many others right?)"
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I should have said "He did a very good fight, but Rashad was simply a bad fight stylistically for him (just as Jones, Anderson, Maia and many many others right?)"
    I knew you could do it!

Yes. YOU, when it comes to Vitor Belfort.
    Burn!

Thread Information