Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: After controversial UFC 167 loss, Hendricks vows to go 100 percent in rematch

I've only watched the first two rounds because my DL didn't finish until 7 in the morning. I though the first round was competitive. I thought Hendricks won but I didn't think it was highway robbery to give it to GSP.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. Thatís right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post

Jonny won the fight. But it was stupid of him to say he only gave 70% effort. Dana was right to cut him off. How could he be so naive to MMA judging??

he said he was doing that to preserve his cardio and strength for a 5 round fight because he had never been in one before and now that he knows he can do it he will throw punches harder next time.

it is not like he was just saying oh was not even trying that hard and i still won he was simply explaining his gameplan for going a full five rounds which is what the question he was responding to was asking i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    he said he was doing that to preserve his cardio and strength for a 5 round fight because he had never been in one before and now that he knows he can do it he will throw punches harder next time.

it is not like he was just saying oh was not even trying that hard and i still won he was simply explaining his gameplan for going a full five rounds which is what the question he was responding to was asking i believe.
    As kalebarker already stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    As kalebarker already stated.
    my bad i just saw first the post and responded without reading all the other comments.

I honestly see this playing out like Shogun v. Machida II. GSP in my opinion fought the best fight he could fight where as Hendricks still has room for improvement. Much like Shogun v. Machida I, Machida fought the best fight he could fight and was gifted a decision. There no room for improvement in 2nd fight and Shogun could still make adjustments. Hendricks will be the same way, he will make changes and the next time the leave it in the judges hands.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Mass, I have to disagree.

GSP had an absolute shite fight plan, with LOADS of room for improvement. I was stunned at how bad his fight plan was, and his execution was pretty dreadful--at least, for him.

I actually don't think we'll see him fight again, but if he does, I hope it's not bullshit pressure from dana or fans that goads him into fighting when he's not truly committed. If St. Pierre does indeed fight and he's actually focused and committed, I would be utterly shocked if the rematch shows Johny improve without any answer from Georges.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

I believe it will play out the opposite. of Machida/shogun I believe GSP will have the better game plan. I believe GSP will utilize all his weapons to keep Hendricks off balance. Gsp will learn more from his gifted decision and confidence that his jaw is more than ok. its solid.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Mass, I have to disagree.

GSP had an absolute shite fight plan, with LOADS of room for improvement. I was stunned at how bad his fight plan was, and his execution was pretty dreadful--at least, for him.

I actually don't think we'll see him fight again, but if he does, I hope it's not bullshit pressure from dana or fans that goads him into fighting when he's not truly committed. If St. Pierre does indeed fight and he's actually focused and committed, I would be utterly shocked if the rematch shows Johny improve without any answer from Georges.

rh
    I personally think GSP fought the same fight he always fights and just ran into the one guy that can ruin that gameplan. He usually has either a huge grappling or striking advantage over the other guy. This time he ran into a guy that is his equal in MMA wrestling and a guy that for as techinal as GSP is, Hendricks makes up for it with being far more powerful. Basically what I am saying is Hendricks is the reason GSP's gameplan looked like shit, not that GSP had a shit gameplan.

The selfish person in me does not want to see GSP retire. I know it might be hard to believe the last couple days after this fight but I am a huge GSP fan. I have ordered every single one of his fights since UFC 69 and IMO he is not only the best fighter on the planet right now but he is the best fighter of all time. It would be sad to see him retire. But I hope he does what is best for him. I would rather know GSP was happy being retired than being miserable being a fight.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I can see Hendricks getting caught being over aggressive. that or him fading fast later rounds. He did a really good job of leaning away from gsps jab. he did good work in the clinch. sometimes being more aggressive falls into gsps game plan better. he will get more takedowns that way.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Thread Information