+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dana White believes doing more damage wins fights

I re-watched the first round a few times. The Guillotine was deep and it really looked even in slow mo that Hendricks was ready to tap or in fact tapped a hair right after GSP let go if you watch it close. Maybe the judges gave that round to GSP because he had Hendricks in a bad spot. I thought Hendricks had won and even after re-watching it but not as much of a Travesty as I first thought. Damage cannot equal win otherwise anyone who shows blood will lose, and yet it may be one strike or well placed elbow. Damn that is a dumb ass statement by Dana White.

A record already held by Dana.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/11/17/5...-wants-rematch

Does anyone else find it odd that the most known face for MMA doesn't even know what the judging criteria is?
    Glad you started a thread about this. I mentioned this in another thread. It is ridiculous that Dana mentioned this as probably every person in that room was scratching their head thinking "uhhh damage is not part of the criteria".

Also if judging was what won fights, GSP would've lost his last 4 fights (including this one) where his face looked worse than the opponent's.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I've always found it odd that people give dana ANY credibility at all.

But that's a good litmus test to see if I think their opinion is worthwhile, whenever I talk to new people about MMA.
    Even fighters give his judging too much credibility. I hate it when fighters say "even Dana White scored it my favour... blah blah". Dana lost all credibility for judging when he thought that Hendricks won round 5. No judge, website, fan or Yamasaki thought Hendricks won that round.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Glad you started a thread about this. I mentioned this in another thread. It is ridiculous that Dana mentioned this as probably every person in that room was scratching their head thinking "uhhh damage is not part of the criteria".

Also if judging was what won fights, GSP would've lost his last 4 fights (including this one) where his face looked worse than the opponent's.
    Even using the damage argument can you actually imply that GSPs last 4 opponents did more damage than he did? All damage has to have visible proof? (4 before this one i should clarify)
    Fav Fighters:
    - "The Phenom" Vitor Belfort
    - Renato "Babalu" Sobral
    - Georges "Rush" St. Pierre
    - Andrei "The Pitbull" Arlovski

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information