+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If fights were decided by DAMAGE! *graphic*

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    Indeed but I will provide that GSP looked to be in more trouble than Hendricks was the whole fight.
    I thought Hendricks was going to be in trouble heading into the 4th round. He lost the 3rd badly and GSP was starting to pull away that slip early in the 4th that led to the ground and pound put Hendricks back in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Even GSP's coaches thought Georges lost.
    They did? where did you see that ?

Coaches aren't judges. If you think your fighter is even questionably close to losing a decision, you should tell him to go out and finish the opponent or do everything in their power to take that last round. Maybe if Hendrick's coaches told him that he would have won the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Their talks with George at the end of RD3 saying he was down 2 rounds as well as their demeanor after the fight was over.

Their talks with George at the end of RD3 saying he was down 2 rounds as well as their demeanor after the fight was over.
    Is it at all possible that their demeanor at the end of the fight was in terms of just watching one of their very good friends (ill go as far as calling GSP a brother to guys like Firas and Phil Nurse) go through a war with a good fighter which resulted in cuts and severe swelling on his face. Ive seen a buddy come out of a fight that he won looking similar to GSP last night and you cant help but feel bad for the guy even though he won the fight.

You can hear it if you look back at the fight or you can wait for DFW's VBlog from this event, he said he would release the footage of it on his vblog.

I thought Hendricks was going to be in trouble heading into the 4th round. He lost the 3rd badly and GSP was starting to pull away that slip early in the 4th that led to the ground and pound put Hendricks back in the fight.

GSP didn't slip, Hendricks tripped him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    You can hear it if you look back at the fight or you can wait for DFW's VBlog from this event, he said he would release the footage of it on his vblog.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I had to stream the fight and and most of what was shown on the stream between rounds seemed to be cropped or when they did have his corner talking it was french.

At the end of the fight Firas was carrying GSP around on his shoulders for a bit... that's typically the actions of someone that knows the fight was close and they are trying to influence the scoring in their favour.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post

I was definitely a trip. I remember thinking it was a slip until the replay. Hendricks had positional control on GSP almost the entire time.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Repenter View Post
    I was definitely a trip. I remember thinking it was a slip until the replay. Hendricks had positional control on GSP almost the entire time.
    It looked like a slip to me I will have to rewatch it though

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information