+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dana White on Donald Cerrone: 'There's no way he should cut to 145' pounds

1. Default Dana White on Donald Cerrone: 'There's no way he should cut to 145' pounds

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/11/1...-featherweight

When Donald Cerrone steps on the scale to hit the lightweight limit of 155 pounds, he's all muscle and sinew. Any extra body fat or water weight that Cerrone had been carrying prior to weigh in day seems to have been obliterated in order for him to hit that mark. Yet, there Cerrone was at the UFC 167 post-fight press conference telling the assembled media that he was going to look into dropping to featherweight.

That's right, they guy that said, "If you would have asked me yesterday (UFC 167 weigh-in day) if I wanted to drop to 145 I would have said ‘hell no,' still planned on making that exact cut if he could do so in a healthy and safe way.
    One person that thinks Cerrone, who earned Submission of the Night honors with a second round triangle choke stoppage of Evan Dunham on Saturday's UFC 167 fight card, should not drop to featherweight is UFC president Dana White.

During the media scrum, White offered the following when asked about Cerrone's plans of cutting weight, and possibly competing at both lightweight and featherweight:

The kid is shredded. He doesn't have an ounce of fat on his body. He has grueling cuts at 155. There's no way he should cut to 145. Not that this kid listens to anything I f-ing tell him to do anyway, but I don't like it, and I don't want him to do it.
    Cerrone, who is currently ranked No. 10 in the lightweight division said the cut was a way for him to "stay busy", allowing him to fight in two weight divisions.

Cerrone has always been a fighter that likes to stay active, having fought 11 times since joining the UFC in 2011. In those 11 fights, the man known as "Cowboy" has been awarded seven Fight Night bonuses.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I always hear how utterly wretched his cuts are and how he "cuts the wrong way" and just decimates his body getting down to 155, I really think his people like Jackson etc. and maybe even ZUFFA or a commission steps in here and says, "You're not doing this, you'll fuck yourself up beyond repair....".

Cerrone will need some TRT in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I always hear how utterly wretched his cuts are and how he "cuts the wrong way" and just decimates his body getting down to 155, I really think his people like Jackson etc. and maybe even ZUFFA or a commission steps in here and says, "You're not doing this, you'll fuck yourself up beyond repair....".
    I agree I have been saying for a while they should implement a system where they calculate the lowest weight you can cut to without damaging you health like they do in wrestling.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information