Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White: MacDonald's style makes the action stop

dana [and by proxy, rogaine] are always going to want guys who finish fights. If an opportunity comes up to present a finisher--even one who finishes by losing--over a more conservative fighter, they're going to take it.

Note: doing so does not make them accurate.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

as much as I hate it, I do agree with dana to a point. especially in his last two fights. He tries to shut down his opponents offence but has no real offence of his own. he looks really good against Bj and Nate. now that he fought the juggernaut and lawler who are high risk Ko artists he simply held them off with a jab not creating any real offence other than keeping them off balance.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Quote Originally Posted by johnny Boom View Post
    "I fight in the UFC and my coaches and I were not expecting legs kicks, which threw me off". How fucking assinine
    LOL - I was thinking the same thing. Was he training with Nick Diaz for this fight or something?
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Rory waited for the opportunity to counter that never came in the first round.
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    He's fighting better guys, that's about it.

Lawler had a good fight but it was pretty sloppy. He forced MacDonald to get sloppy so it worked out, but I feel like if the fight went 5 rounds MacDonald would have taken it. Personally, I don't like MacDonald's style. Some guys who are ultra defensive I like, like Machida, but MacDonald's is just not that fun to watch unless he's dominating a guy.
    He was beating the shit out of condit before getting knocked out, condit is a top guy. He is definitley better competition than ellenberger and lawler in my opinion.

Also on a different note that fight with diaz if I remember correctly was very boring and reminiscent of Rory's recent fights up until abouyt half way through the third round.

I am sorry but I think Rory is fairly overrated for being "the next big thing at WW!" Really? Two of his best wins are over a LW and a soon to be FW, real impressive. His other great win is over Ellenberger in what was maybe the worse fight of 2013. He has been getting way too much credit for losing to Condit. It's time for every to step back, realize he is Top 10-5 WW and not the future of the division at this point. He is just a solid fighter who might eventually earn a title shot. Not the next coming of GSP or Hughes.
    Dude, I’m a wrestler. I’m the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. That’s all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    I am sorry but I think Rory is fairly overrated for being "the next big thing at WW!" Really? Two of his best wins are over a LW and a soon to be FW, real impressive. His other great win is over Ellenberger in what was maybe the worse fight of 2013. He has been getting way too much credit for losing to Condit. It's time for every to step back, realize he is Top 10-5 WW and not the future of the division at this point. He is just a solid fighter who might eventually earn a title shot. Not the next coming of GSP or Hughes.
    The next big thing at welterweight is Gunnar Nelson.

I think Rory's next fight will give us a better indication of where he really is at. It's not surprising that he was maybe a little gun shy in his last couple fights. Both fights were a pretty big step up in competition and on top of that both guys had legitimate KO power and had both been on runs of knocking people out.

Have to remember he's still only 24 lots of time to grow as a fighter

Thread Information