Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Askren: I'll fight GSP or MacDonald for free

Default Askren: I'll fight GSP or MacDonald for free

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...nald-for-free/

"I have already told Dana, obviously via twitter, not face-to-face, I don't have his cell phone number; I told him I would fight 'GSP' for free if I lost. If I lost, you don't have to pay me anything, that's how confident in my abilities I am. Now, I'll make a new offer to Dana. Obviously, 'GSP' and Hendricks are going to have a rematch, barring 'GSP's' retirement, which I don't think is going to stand. That was in the heat of the moment.

Rory MacDonald is another guy that, he really just bugs me and he irks me. It was really nice to see him get knocked off his pedestal on Saturday night, but, if Dana White were willing, if I lost to him (Rory), I would fight for free and retire from the sport of MMA because that's how confident I am that I will beat Rory MacDonald. I am not completely financially motivated, I obviously want to make a living, but at the same time, I want to beat the best guys in the world."

Askren will be a great MMA manager one day.

Stop trolling, Askren. No one wants to see you fight.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Im all for seeing askren in the UFC. he just reminds me of a matt hughes 2.0. really good wrestler but that's about it. good at wrestling and average to ok at everything else.
    Dan "The G.O.A.T." Henderson

Member of the Demian Maia fan club

Anderson VS Shogun 2012 Dana make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by dmc_tim View Post
    Im all for seeing askren in the UFC. he just reminds me of a matt hughes 2.0. really good wrestler but that's about it. good at wrestling and average to ok at everything else.
    Matt Hughes had subs and ground & pound, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Matt Hughes had subs and ground & pound, though.
    Matt Hughes has 17 knockouts and 18 submissions (many coming due to strikes) on his record. Not really a fair comparison if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by dmc_tim View Post
    i do not agree with that statement at all and that is coming from a hughes hater and actual fan of askren. matt hughes was one of the first great submission wrestlers im the ufc. hughes was no joke very well rounded.

Askren has good jits, he just doesn't show it.

I hope they sign him. Would like to see him take on Maia or the donger.

9. Default

The lines at the unemployment office must be pretty short for him to be home and twittering his lack-of-heart out this soon

Sounds like Askren has become aware of his relevance in the big picture. Going from champ to begging for fights that come with a contract is rather pathetic. Although, Rory would be a safe bet for him to get that contract, in my mind. I see him winning a decision against Rory handedly.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Thread Information