Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Askren: I'll fight GSP or MacDonald for free

Askren is so good at annoying people. He is like a less whitty version of chael sonnen although I don't even feel like he puts on an act like chael does.

Also, if he is being serious then Dana would be stupid not to do it. Rory in a grduge match with a guy that almost everyone wants to see get his ass kick would be a great draw and a great way to gather fan support for Rory.

Askren is more of a douche than Koscheck.

Begging to take free fights.... what a champ. Confidence or stupidity, you decide.

Might as well fight for what he draws, nothing.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

For some reason I can't see Ben's contract with the UFC to include PPV points...

Askren meeting with UFC in Vegas Monday, White remains uninterested
    MMAFighting's Ariel Helwani reports that Askren will have a meeting with UFC chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta in Las Vegas on Monday, that White will participate by phone, and that White remains uninterested.

"We're gonna meet with him on Monday," said White. "We're just not going to sign him. He can go to World Series of Fighting where there's actually some competition for him. There's no competition for him at that other place [Bellator].

"At least at WSOF he can get some competition and test himself."

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Also, if he is being serious then Dana would be stupid not to do it. Rory in a grduge match with a guy that almost everyone wants to see get his ass kick would be a great draw and a great way to gather fan support for Rory.
    If I were in Dana's shoes, I wouldn't let him fight for free. That would give him too much attention from the media and that's just what this troll wants. If the UFC were to sign him and his pay wasn't an issue, they would be wise to make sure he's paid the Facebook money.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Had Askren been a humble individual in the past, he would have been signed immediately after his dismissal. You reap what you sow.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/11/2...lease-mma-news
    Douglas Lima ‘surprised’ by Bellator’s release of Ben Askren
    "I was kind of (surprised) because he was the undefeated champion and a really tough fighter," Lima told MMAFighting.com. "But he didn’t sell his fights because of his fighting style and I think that’s really important for the promotion. I believe that’s the reason why Bellator didn’t want to fight that much for him."

Askren told The MMA Hour he wants to join the UFC to fight the best in the world, but UFC president Dana White is not interested.

"I don’t know if it was good or bad for him (to leave Bellator)," Lima said. "I don’t have anything against him and I wish him the best. But I know UFC will sign him."

Lima’s only loss over the last 14 bouts was to Askren at Bellator 64, and he doesn’t sound upset with the fact that he won’t be able to avenge the loss.

"It doesn’t matter for me if he’s in or out of Bellator," he said. "Either way, I’m going to fight for the title. That’s my goal. Whoever it is, I’ll be ready.

"It’s not my fault that he’s out of Bellator and I just want my shot at the title. People can say whatever they want. They can say that (Askren) is the real champion after I beat Hawn, but that doesn’t bother me at all. I just want to beat whoever they put in front of me."

Still recovering from a hand surgery, Lima watched Rick Hawn’s knockout win over Ron Keslar at the season 9 welterweight tournament final on Nov. 22.

Riding a four-fight win streak with four knockouts, Lima anticipates a good match-up with the fellow tournament winner.

"I expected a more competitive fight," he said. "I didn’t know much about Keslar but I saw that he’s tough and has good jiu-jitsu. But Hawn was the favorite and showed it why in the fight. It was a beautiful knockout and made me more excited to fight for the title against him. It’s going to be a great fight for the fans, I can assure you that."

"My dream is to win that title," Lima continued. "I’ve lost my first attempt and that made me hungrier. I won’t stop now. I’m a man on a mission and I will accomplish it. It’s a dream for me. I’m the MFC champion and I want to do the same at Bellator. I will bring this title home for myself, my family and fans."

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    If I were in Dana's shoes, I wouldn't let him fight for free. That would give him too much attention from the media and that's just what this troll wants. If the UFC were to sign him and his pay wasn't an issue, they would be wise to make sure he's paid the Facebook money.
    That is my point though. All of that attention will generate a ton of hype. People claim that nobody wants to see him fight yet at the same time all of those people are saying i cant wait for him to get his ass kicked. if askren continues to piss off the fans in the fashion he has, i think him against rory would get a lot of hype with many cheering for rory(who doesnt have the fan base i believe the ufc expected him to have at this point)

If the UFC signs him; i will not attend or buy the fight.
    When i wanna watch pure grappling ill watch reruns of olympic wrestling.
    This askren dude just needs to go away.
    Ben, Fight or fuck off and i think i speak for many when i say we dont really give a shit which of those you choose.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Thread Information