Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Askren: I'll fight GSP or MacDonald for free

UFC president’s suggestion to Ben Askren? Go to WSOF

“I wasn’t even going to say this, because it sounds like I’m just s—ting on them, but there’s just no competition for him over at Bellator,” White told MMAjunkie. “There’s competition for him at World Series of Fighting. This kid will probably sign with them. I don’t know (since) they’ve got to come to an agreement and a deal. But if he does, there’s actual competition for him there.”
    “There’s actual competition for him there,” White said. “I think it’s crazy that he’s ranked in the top 10. He hasn’t fought anybody and has no challenges. The best thing that could’ve ever happened to that kid was leaving Bellator. Now he has the opportunity to go to World Series of Fighting and show what he’s got.”

Bellator champ Ben Askren joins Evolve MMA

MMA's top free agent in Ben Askren (12-0) has yet to announce his plans to sign with a promotion, but he has already found a new home in Asia as the Bellator champ has now joined the famed Evolve MMA team in Singapore.

The camp boasts one of the most stacked roster of world champion coaches and fighters from several disciplines, and having a US Olympian and multiple time NCAA Division I wrestling champ surely boosts their already impressive line up. Apart from having Askren round out his MMA game by training with some of the very best Muay Thai fighters of this generation, this could also be very beneficial to the MMA fighters at the Evolve Fight Team, which includes ONE FC Champ Shinya Aoki, along with other Asian stars and UFC fighters such as Rafael Dos Anjos and Leandro Issa.

As we've been told, Askren will still be a part of Roufusport and will be splitting training with Duke Roufus in the US, and Evolve MMA in Singapore during fight camps. Word of his signing first sprung up on twitter, and BloodyElbow.com has since confirmed the news with Evolve MMA founder, Chatri Sityodtong.

"Without a doubt, Ben Askren is one of the best welterweights on the planet today. I am lucky to call him a friend, and blessed to now welcome him to the Evolve Fight Team," Sityodtong tells us, "Duke Roufus is one of the best MMA coaches on the planet, and together we will do everything in our power to make Ben the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world."

"Evolve MMA has the largest instructor team in Asia and the most number of world champions of any martial arts organization on Earth. Heath Sims and I will make sure that Ben has all the resources he needs to succeed. Welcome to Evolve MMA!"

MMA's top free agent in Ben Askren
    I lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I lol'd
    Name a bigger one
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Default Askren to fight in One FC

Ariel Helwani received a round about confirmation of sorts:

‏Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani
    I asked ONE FC CEO Victor Cui if it's true they signed Askren. "We will have some huge news to announce in the next few days ..." he said.
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ght-in-One-FC/

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Name a bigger one
    I thought he was saying lol to the fact that it said "in Ben Askren" like a gay joke haha.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I thought he was saying lol to the fact that it said "in Ben Askren" like a gay joke haha.
    I guess I missed that

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information