Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Making the Unpopular Case for Georges St-Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    I can't wait for the day PPVs come with the option of not having commentary.
    its called the mute button

Watching the fight, I felt like Hendricks won but it was a pretty close fight. The first round, Hendricks landed those elbows when GSP over-committed to the single which pushed the round over the edge for him. However, having GSP win the 3rd and 5th round after that really brutal 2nd round was pretty impressive.

Either way, I think it's time for GSP to hang them up. He took a lot of damage in the Condit and Hendricks fight, and a fair amount in the fight with Shields. He's definitely lost something, and he's got nothing left to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    There are other things people might want to listen to though. Crowd noise, striking impact, corner talk, any in fight trash talk...

Side note Ive been watching sports with my grandfather on tv since i was a young kid and he's always muted every game because he he hates all commentators. Haha always pissed me off but i've never said anything.
    Fav Fighters:
    - "The Phenom" Vitor Belfort
    - Renato "Babalu" Sobral
    - Georges "Rush" St. Pierre
    - Andrei "The Pitbull" Arlovski

Then I can't hear the crowd, the corners, the impact of strikes. Listening to Joe and Mike is better than watching it on mute.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. Thatís right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Then I can't hear the crowd, the corners, the impact of strikes. Listening to Joe and Mike is better than watching it on mute.
    I was just kidding, they actually do have that on ufc.tv they also have it where you can pick one of the corners and listen to the audio during the fight.

Unfortunately whenever I watch PPV's it is with a group of people. Ordering it through cable works a lot better for than streaming it. I do have to buy a Fight club membership soon. For an extra 75$ you can get 2 PPV's through it so I will probably do that to check it out.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. Thatís right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Or listening to a Spanish or Brazilian speaking feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Or listening to a Spanish or Brazilian speaking feed.
    Honestly, that's not a bad idea.

St-Pierre has overcome adversity time and time again. Hendricks presented an admirable challenge on Saturday night, but that's all it was. At the post-fight press conference, St-Pierre repeatedly stated he left everything in the cage.
    Sure, if that's what you want to call the worst drubbing that GSP has had inflicted upon him by a challenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Sure, if that's what you want to call the worst drubbing that GSP has had inflicted upon him by a challenger.
    One would think an actual TKO loss to Serra would be considered worse... especially when this one comes down to a matter of who won the first round and nothing else

Thread Information