Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Making the Unpopular Case for Georges St-Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Sure, if that's what you want to call the worst drubbing that GSP has had inflicted upon him by a challenger.
    Ya nearly scoring a submission in the first minute and then eating ALL 4 of those short off balance elbows attempting a takedown in the first and then eating 3 or 4 punches in the second and stay standing against the great and powerful knockout king Hendriks only to quickly refocus and control the next 3 minutes of the round and all 5 minutes of the next round to then trip and fall in the 4th and get elbowed 2 or 3 times on the ground to then get up at the end of the round and go on to control the 5th and win a decision landing 16% more significant strikes than his opponent retaining his belt and breaking like 4 or 5 UFC records in the process.

Worst Drubbing In This History Of The Sport Id Say
    Last edited by jmcpherson21; 11-18-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    Fav Fighters:
    - "The Phenom" Vitor Belfort
    - Renato "Babalu" Sobral
    - Georges "Rush" St. Pierre
    - Andrei "The Pitbull" Arlovski

But on the bright side at least George has the ubber supportive Dana White and UFC family behind him as he tries to work though his suggested mental health issues.
    Fav Fighters:
    - "The Phenom" Vitor Belfort
    - Renato "Babalu" Sobral
    - Georges "Rush" St. Pierre
    - Andrei "The Pitbull" Arlovski

Quote Originally Posted by jmcpherson21 View Post
    Ya nearly scoring a submission in the first minute and then eating ALL 4 of those short off balance elbows attempting a takedown in the first and then eating 3 or 4 punches in the second and stay standing against the great and powerful knockout king Hendriks only to quickly refocus and control the next 3 minutes of the round and all 5 minutes of the next round to then trip and fall in the 4th and get elbowed 2 or 3 times on the ground to then get up at the end of the round and go on to control the 5th and win a decision landing 16% more significant strikes than his opponent retaining his belt and breaking like 4 or 5 UFC records in the process.

Worst Drubbing In This History Of The Sport Id Say
    Blah blah blah. The most damage GSP has taken in a fight aside from when he got his head popped off by Mighty Mouse Matt Serra.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    The crowd boo'd when GSP took the mic. Rogan had to spout a few words to calm the tides of discontent.
    And you always side with the masses. Such a sheep, such a sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcpherson21 View Post
    Also just how unpopular was it? I seem to recall the crowd cheering loudly at the decision announcement and booing pretty loudly when johnny jumped on the mic and said he thought he won. I know GSPs a fan favourite but the crowd usually calls it how they see it fan favourite or not.
    Yes sir, the live MMA crowds definitely don't pull any punches. I wonder if the UFC knew of possible GSP retirement and that spurred bias towards Hendricks?

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Yes sir, the live MMA crowds definitely don't pull any punches. I wonder if the UFC knew of possible GSP retirement and that spurred bias towards Hendricks?
    Probably
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    There certainly did seem to be a motive behind the bias and knowing that their cash cow was possibly retiring they needed to try and build someone up at his expense

GSP showed why he was champion in the 5th. He came out to win it and he did just that. Johnny should have put that energy in his victory celebration into round 5 instead. Where is all this "GSP's weakness is he cant take a punch" BS now???

Hendricks was gassed after he tried to finish GSP in the 2nd and only recovered because of GSP tripping in round 4. I say GSP does the rematch right away, owns Johnny easily and retires the best ever.

I hope they rematch fast. I will be betting huge on GSP. Can you imagine what the betting lines are going to be with all this fake outrage?

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    And you always side with the masses. Such a sheep, such a sheep.
    I think nationalism and patriotism is silly. So what? Where you were born is not an achievement.

Thread Information