Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White: MacDonald's style makes the action stop

Default White: MacDonald's style makes the action stop

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...e-action-stop/

“I can’t tell if he doesn’t let it go or he’s just not that well rounded,” said White as transcribed by Tom Ngo from 5thround.com. “He’s just very one-dimensional. He has this style of nullifying a fight. He has a style of just making the action stop. I think that a lot of guys, he bugs them out and gets in their head when he starts doing that and they feel like they can’t land and it ends up being this staring competition.

“All the way leading up to this fight, I kept saying this is the perfect fight for MacDonald because we’re gonna find out what he’s really got in this fight because Robbie Lawler is going to take it to him. Robbie Lawler has this style of wrestling and hands and the power to hurt you that you’re going to have to fight completely different than you have been.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Rory is all of a sudden not that well rounded and one dimensional? That's absurd. His last two fights aren't his most exciting, but give him a break. He's still has a LONG road ahead of him.

Robbie's style just beat Rory's that night. Rory couldn't utilize his wrestling against Lawler and was forced to stand with him. Everyone knows what Lawler brings to the table and you do not want to make a single mistake standing in front of him. Rory's boxing is one of his weaker points, imo. He shines when he is able to impose his strength and mix it up with kickboxing, takedowns, and GNP. He isn't known for having KO power in his kicks or punches. Robby kept it on the feet and did his thing.

Dana is on a roll.

Rory waited for the opportunity to counter that never came in the first round.

Firas Zahabi said on the MMA Hour today, that he thinks Lawler's leg kicks threw him off, because he wasn't expecting them. Also that he thinks he got rocked in the 3rd round, and never recovered until the end of the round.

I think that a lot of guys, he bugs them out and gets in their head when he starts doing that and they feel like they can’t land and it ends up being this staring competition.
    I agree with this. His first few fights in the cage were really exciting but his last couple he was just willing to shut down the other guys offence rather than initiate his own. I used to be a big fan of Rory but he just hasn't been a very exciting fighter lately. Combine that with his douchy arrogance that he found before his fight with BJ and honestly, I was glad to see him lose. I mean come on, what the hell happened to this version of Rory...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I agree with this. His first few fights in the cage were really exciting but his last couple he was just willing to shut down the other guys offence rather than initiate his own. I used to be a big fan of Rory but he just hasn't been a very exciting fighter lately. Combine that with his douchy arrogance that he found before his fight with BJ and honestly, I was glad to see him lose. I mean come on, what the hell happened to this version of Rory...

He's fighting better guys, that's about it.

Lawler had a good fight but it was pretty sloppy. He forced MacDonald to get sloppy so it worked out, but I feel like if the fight went 5 rounds MacDonald would have taken it. Personally, I don't like MacDonald's style. Some guys who are ultra defensive I like, like Machida, but MacDonald's is just not that fun to watch unless he's dominating a guy.

Don't try until there are 15 seconds left #RoryMacDonaldLogic

8. Default

Hey... did anyone already realize that Rory MacDonald sounds similar to Ronald McDonald?

------------------

Rory needed to be knocked off his self-agrandizing pedestal to regain that sense of urgency. Rory's young and will bounce back resiliently. I don't see him going the way of Rick Story with the team he has behind him.

"I fight in the UFC and my coaches and I were not expecting legs kicks, which threw me off". How fucking assinine

Thread Information