Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belfort: My testosterone levels were low against Henderson

Default Belfort: My testosterone levels were low against Henderson

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...nst-Henderson/

Belfort is performing the best of his life, but is still adamant that is TRT regime just keeps him at a normal level:

"My (testosterone) levels were low in my last fight," Belfort told MMAFighting.com during a media scrum in his gym in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. "I have all the exams to prove that I have a disease. Itís simple."

Brazilian MMA Athletic Commissionís medical director Dr. Marcio Tannure explained to MMAFighting.com that one of Belfort's pre-fight tests were below the normal limits, but that's "legal."

"Chael Sonnen has a license to fight in Vegas, and Iím doing everything by the book," Belfort said. "I have all the exams to prove it."

Woah testosterone levels go up and down?? No way!! No shit belfort that what happens when you take trt. And yea vitor has a disease. Its called having taken too many steroids throughout his career. Once again if trt isnt helping stop taking it. Only way to stop the controversy.

Go steroids!!

Not only is age a factor but did you also know that constant weight cutting reduces the body's ability to produce testosterone? How many years have Belfort and Henderson been competing?

I believe it. Usually when someone's juiced up they tend to lose the fight, and leg hump.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

The issue isn't whether or not Vitor can produce a low-T sample on fight night with advanced notice. The issue is, will he produce a high-T sample during unannounced, out-of-competition testing? Just ask Robert Drysdale about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Not only is age a factor but did you also know that constant weight cutting reduces the body's ability to produce testosterone? How many years have Belfort and Henderson been competing?
    All the more reason to do away with weight cutting if it means you are effecting the long term health of your body like that.

Henderson has been cutting weight for much longer with his wrestling career prior to MMA. For the early part of Belfort's career he was fighting at heavyweight and not cutting weight at all.

But it's not like it's particularly hard to create low testosterone levels either

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    The issue isn't whether or not Vitor can produce a low-T sample on fight night with advanced notice. The issue is, will he produce a high-T sample during unannounced, out-of-competition testing? Just ask Robert Drysdale about this.
    Yeah no kidding... If your levels are high all throughout training camp, you still reap the rewards during the fight. Vitor has looked absolutely jacked lately and hes fighting a weight class higher (20 lbs.) then he normally does. Not exactly the look of a man with low testosterone levels.

I have all the exams to prove that I have a disease. It’s simple.
    Meth addicts have exams proving their brains produce crazy low levels of dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine. It doesn't mean they should be prescribed adderall.

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    Meth addicts have exams proving their brains produce crazy low levels of dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine. It doesn't mean they should be prescribed adderall.
    What if they are in recovery?

How long do you have to pay for you past mistakes?

Just playin' devil's advocate here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post

How long do you have to pay for you past mistakes?
    Personally I think if there is a link to steroid abuse in the past there should be no possibility of a TRT use in order to continue to competing in the future. The person made a choice to use a PED where it's well known that a later effect in life is low testosterone levels.

Thread Information