Thread: Fight Night 36 co-main event set: ‘Jacare’ Souza faces off with Francis Carmont

Hybrid View

Default Fight Night 36 co-main event set: ‘Jacare’ Souza faces off with Francis Carmont

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/19/ufc-...t-on-new-date/

A middleweight matchup with title implications is headed to UFC Fight Night 36, promotion officials announced today.

Former Strikeforce champ Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza (19-3 MMA, 2-0 UFC) will meet Francis Carmont (22-7 MMA, 6-0 UFC) in the co-headliner of the event, which takes place Feb. 15 at Arena Jaragua in Jaragua do Sul, Brazil, a source close to promotion today told MMAjunkie (the date was originally announced as Feb. 8).

UFC Fight Night 36 is headlined by another pivotal middleweight matchup between ex-champs Lyoto Machida and Gegard Mousasi. The event’s main card airs live on FOX Sports 1 (instead of FOX Sports 2, as was originally announced) following prelims on MMAjunkie.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Sick matchup!

Yeah, super exciting. This is what I wanted.

Perfect sense rankings-wise, especially with Carmont getting the win over Costa. Although I would question if this is a big enough "showcase" for Jacare, who one would assume is number two behind Vitor right now for the next shot, especially if Weidman retains.

Thread Information