+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rashad Evans: Daniel Cormier could be my next opponent

It'll be interesting to see how he addapts to the speed change at LHW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

If Rashad is on his game, I could see this fight going his way more times than not. I think this would be a bad intro fight at LHW for Cormier. I would love to see it though; and believe it is a way better option than getting a title shot.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Great fight for Rashad I think. He definitely will have the speed/agility advantage but I'd like to see how strong Cormier comes in and if he can push Rashad against the cage and try to grind him down. I think if Rashad can keep a decent distance from Cormier he may light him up on the feet, I'm interested to see how it plays out.
    4 LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    Great fight for Rashad I think. He definitely will have the speed/agility advantage but I'd like to see how strong Cormier comes in and if he can push Rashad against the cage and try to grind him down. I think if Rashad can keep a decent distance from Cormier he may light him up on the feet, I'm interested to see how it plays out.
    Exactly where my head is at with this fight.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

Bad fight for Rashad. He gets grinded on the fence and outstruck by Cormier easily. Only thing that will phase Cormier is a lucky Liddell punch.

Quote Originally Posted by calpat1985 View Post
    Bad fight for Rashad. He gets grinded on the fence and outstruck by Cormier easily. Only thing that will phase Cormier is a lucky Liddell punch.
    You drinking my Sake Kimosabe? I see Rashad being able to keep his movement up, and keep Cormier off him for a striking game that he should have the tools to win. Provided he keeps Cormier off him.
    Phil Baroni

Forrest Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by calpat1985 View Post
    Hater in the house.

I do believe Cormier will adapt well to the speed, his training camp would take care of that... but I still see it going to Rashad.

Nothing lucky about that punch or that other punches he has landed in his career.
    Cormier may be able to grind him out but Rashads hand speed is nothing to scoff at nor is his MMA wrestling. When Rashad's head is together & he mixes it up I'd put him against anyone in the LHW & he would take it, including Jones.

Both Rashad and Jones would beat Cormier via cardio and striking.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information