Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thiago Silva vs. Ovince St. Preux added to UFC Fight Night 35 in Georgia

Default Thiago Silva vs. Ovince St. Preux added to UFC Fight Night 35 in Georgia

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/20/thia...35-in-georgia/

A light heavyweight matchup between Brazilian slugger Thiago Silva (16-3 MMA, 7-3 UFC) and former University of Tennessee linebacker Ovince St. Preux (14-5 MMA, 2-0 UFC) has been added to January’s UFC Fight Night 35 event.

Featuring a middleweight matchup between former Strikeforce champion Luke Rockhold and Constantinos Philipppou, UFC Fight Night 35 takes place Jan. 15 at Arena at Gwinnett Center in Duluth, Ga., outside of Atlanta.

Huge step up for St. Preux. Not a bad fight on paper but I expect Silva's size to be too much for St. Preux.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Huge step up for St. Preux. Not a bad fight on paper but I expect Silva's size to be too much for St. Preux.
    I don't think Silva has much, if any, size advantage over St. Preux. St. Preux is 6'3" and has a 79 inch reach, compared to T.Silva who is 6'2" and has 75 inch reach. I never really thought of T.Silva as a "big" LHW, maybe above average at best, but that's just my opinion.

I do see T.Silva winning by decision, I think St.Preux is still just to raw and Silva's experience should help him get the win. I would really love to Ovince St. Preux take this one though, he is an exciting fighter with a lot of potential. Earned me as a fan while fighting his way to the UFC.
    "Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence."
    — Vince Lombardi

Damnit.....I have to choose between UFC 35 tickets and the Heat vs Hawks tickets Jan 20................fuuuuuuuuck
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Time to feed Feijao....

wtf just happened to Thiago? bummer
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    wtf just happened to Thiago? bummer
    I'm gonna go ahead and say he's been spending too much time at the Blackzilian buffet table with teammate Rumble Johnson.

Thiago Silva not fighting Ovince St. Preux at UFC Fight Night 35 after all

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/11/2...fight-night-35

UFC News @UFCNews
    Follow

Aaaaand Thiago Silva is now out of his #UFCFightNight bout against Ovince St-Preux. New co-main event for Atlanta TBD.

Thread Information