Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thiago Silva vs. Ovince St. Preux added to UFC Fight Night 35 in Georgia

Somebody really seems to be dropping the ball with fight announcements lately been a few that were announced and then canceled within a couple days.

damn i was looking forward to this fight for both guys. hopefully OSP still get's a similar step up in competition...perhaps if bader beats perosh?

I honestly think Silva could cut to 185.. the dude is like Shogun.. comes in with so much access weight around his stomach and love handles.
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

That's because he's 235 at fight time and misses weight damn near every fight.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    That's because he's 235 at fight time and misses weight damn near every fight.
    He's been battling a sore back for a while now. Do you think that has something to do with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

It could.

I wonder if the bad back has a direct/indirect link to steroid use/abuse. I normally don't speculate on such things but I happen to know more than one guy who has used in the past and their back has paid the price due to the pains of lifting/training and carrying added mass on their frame.

As far as dropping to 185; I don't see him as having a lack of power at 205 and don't think it would help even if it were feasible. His body did look pretty soft in his outing, however.

The talk about Shogun being pudgy and chunky is kind of silly though. He looks flat and a bit soft but chunky and pudgy are not adjectives I would use to describe his body. I simply think he and Ninja have a predisposition to carry a bit of body fat.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Damnit.....I have to choose between UFC 35 tickets and the Heat vs Hawks tickets Jan 20................fuuuuuuuuck
    Money is tight for me right now and this card is not impressing me yet. I doubt I'll drop the significant amount of change needed to attend.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Thread Information