+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Bisping cleared to train, wants higher-ranked opponent than Tim Kennedy

Hybrid View

Default Michael Bisping cleared to train, wants higher-ranked opponent than Tim Kennedy

Michael Bisping cleared to train, wants higher-ranked opponent than Tim Kennedy

"I was at the doctors this morning, they've given me the green light to start proper training again," said Bisping. "I've been running and lifting weights for awhile. Now I can get back in the gym and start working on a few things."

The bombastic British middleweight, whose last fight was a victory over Alan Belcher at UFC 159, believe a springtime return is in order.

"I can definitely fight around March or April next year," he said.

As for who Bisping should face in his return bout? Bisping had words with Tim Kennedy over Twitter recently. But he sounded ambivalent about the prospects of meeting the Army Ranger.

"I wouldn't say there's been back and forth with Tim Kennedy," Bisping said. "I'd say there's been Tim Kennedy chomping at the bit, trying to make a name for himself. he came over from Strikeforce, he's had a couple wins over people I've never heard of, and he's trying to get some notoriety. Of course, people like to call me out, I'm no stranger to that. Good for him.

"I've never turned down an opponent once, I'm not going to start with Tim Kennedy," Bisping continued. "If that's who the UFC wants, I'll be happy to fight him. Myself personally, I would like someone ranked a little higher up the ladder, someone in the top five maybe. But it's down to the UFC."

Bisping later offered that a fight with Lyoto Machida, whom he was originally scheduled to face in October, or one with Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza, would appeal to him.

I'd still like to see him get demolished by Munoz. As far as him wanting an opponent ranked higher than Kennedy, the fact that he mentioned him specifically tells me that he probably wants that fight. Screw it, just give him to Machida.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I'd still like to see him get demolished by Munoz. As far as him wanting an opponent ranked higher than Kennedy, the fact that he mentioned him specifically tells me that he probably wants that fight. Screw it, just give him to Machida.
    Machida is way above Bisping's level... Lyoto would dominate him and Tim Kennedy puts him to sleep just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    Machida is way above Bisping's level... Lyoto would dominate him and Tim Kennedy puts him to sleep just as well.
    ...I'm counting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    I disagree, Machida is 100% unproven at MW.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post

Did you miss Lyoto vs. Munoz?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    100% was an exaggeration. Munoz had been out of competition for a year (?) and before that he looked like shit/got demolished by Chris W. I just don't place much weight on that win.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

uhh he looked pretty fucking spectacular in his debut if you ask me.

Not to be an MMA math major here but Mark Munoz is way ahead of Michael Bisping any way you compare the two..

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    clearly. Or he saw a flaw or knows something that I missed..

Not sure if this is sarcasm, but if so understood....if not I think what he did against Munoz is rather telling of how he will fair at MW.
    4 LIFE

Amazing how Bisping still remains relevant and ranked #4 even though he has never beat a top contender.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information