Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Bisping cleared to train, wants higher-ranked opponent than Tim Kennedy

Default Michael Bisping cleared to train, wants higher-ranked opponent than Tim Kennedy

Michael Bisping cleared to train, wants higher-ranked opponent than Tim Kennedy

"I was at the doctors this morning, they've given me the green light to start proper training again," said Bisping. "I've been running and lifting weights for awhile. Now I can get back in the gym and start working on a few things."

The bombastic British middleweight, whose last fight was a victory over Alan Belcher at UFC 159, believe a springtime return is in order.

"I can definitely fight around March or April next year," he said.

As for who Bisping should face in his return bout? Bisping had words with Tim Kennedy over Twitter recently. But he sounded ambivalent about the prospects of meeting the Army Ranger.

"I wouldn't say there's been back and forth with Tim Kennedy," Bisping said. "I'd say there's been Tim Kennedy chomping at the bit, trying to make a name for himself. he came over from Strikeforce, he's had a couple wins over people I've never heard of, and he's trying to get some notoriety. Of course, people like to call me out, I'm no stranger to that. Good for him.

"I've never turned down an opponent once, I'm not going to start with Tim Kennedy," Bisping continued. "If that's who the UFC wants, I'll be happy to fight him. Myself personally, I would like someone ranked a little higher up the ladder, someone in the top five maybe. But it's down to the UFC."

Bisping later offered that a fight with Lyoto Machida, whom he was originally scheduled to face in October, or one with Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza, would appeal to him.

I'd still like to see him get demolished by Munoz. As far as him wanting an opponent ranked higher than Kennedy, the fact that he mentioned him specifically tells me that he probably wants that fight. Screw it, just give him to Machida.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Amazing how Bisping still remains relevant and ranked #4 even though he has never beat a top contender.

Bisping should be all over the Kennedy fight the timing for it would work and it's a winnable fight for him and he stays relevant without the risk he might take fighting someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I'd still like to see him get demolished by Munoz. As far as him wanting an opponent ranked higher than Kennedy, the fact that he mentioned him specifically tells me that he probably wants that fight. Screw it, just give him to Machida.
    Machida is way above Bisping's level... Lyoto would dominate him and Tim Kennedy puts him to sleep just as well.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    Machida is way above Bisping's level... Lyoto would dominate him and Tim Kennedy puts him to sleep just as well.
    ...I'm counting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I don't know what defines Bisping's career more:

The fact that he usually beats guys like Tim Kennedy. Guys in the 8-15 range.
    Belcher, Stann, Leben, Kang, Miller, Akiyama. It's not the worst list.

Or the fact that he can't beat top 5.
    Belfort, Henderson, Sonnen. When you count coming close aginast Sonnen as an accomlishment, it tells you alot.

So Bisping, you sure fighting a 10-15 Kennedy is such a bad idea?

Yeah, because Bisping has done so much to deserve such entitlement. The guy sure knows how to come off as a prick. He needs to keep his nose out of the top 5 right now because those guys are on a completely different level than him and have actually earned their spots. The only reason anyone, including myself, would want to see him face someone at the top is to watch him get starched again. Because that never gets old.

Had to contain my anger in this post.

9. Default

Hmm, isnt our fearless 205 lb champion about due to fight another middleweight? Bisping, here's your chance for that elusive title shot!!!

I think a fight with Munoz or Kennedy is perfect for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Thread Information