+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bisping cleared to train, wants higher-ranked opponent than Tim Kennedy

You seem to forget how old I am.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

2. 11-27-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Michael Bisping: I might as well call the UFC, and get paid to beat up Tim Kennedy
    Kennedy has been campaigning for a fight with Bisping for some time, a fact that was addressed when Bisping took part in a Q&A session prior to UFC Fight Night 33 in Brisbane, Australia.

When asked why he would want to fight someone ranked lower than him in the 185-pound division, Bisping responded:

Here's the thing, and the answer is very, very simple why I would event entertain a fight with Tim Kennedy. He's had three fights in the UFC against no marks, and he didn't even look that good in those fights. He's been calling me out for years, and at the start I didn't want to respond to any of his tweets because it's giving him what he wants, he's trying to create a buzz about himself. But he's been going on so much, he's really driving me up the wall, and I just really, really want to punch him in the face so I might as well get paid for it.
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/12/8...up-tim-kennedy
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Michael Bisping: I might as well call the UFC, and get paid to beat up Tim Kennedy
    This curiously sounds like code for "the UFC called me and told me they're booking me against Kennedy, so now I'm going to act tough and make it seem like it was my decision....".

UFC loved the Troops performance, especially with the knee issue going in and the finish he scored and they're going to strike while they can because Tim isn't a spring chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    You seem to forget how old I am.

rh
    There can be only one.

Kennedy draws up bout agreement for Bisping
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...t-for-Bisping/

Dear @danawhite

Here is my signed bout agreement for @bisping Any date, any place...

Bisping of course would never shy away from a war of words and was quick to respond to Kennedy's bout agreement offer on Twitter:

@TimKennedyMMA @danawhite I'm gonna laugh so hard when I just absolutely walk right through you, you dumb motherfucker!

I think Bisping would grind out a tough close decision over Kennedy. I think a fight with Munoz makes the most since. Machida and Jacare beat him rather easily

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    Yeah, because Bisping has done so much to deserve such entitlement. The guy sure knows how to come off as a prick. He needs to keep his nose out of the top 5 right now because those guys are on a completely different level than him and have actually earned their spots. The only reason anyone, including myself, would want to see him face someone at the top is to watch him get starched again. Because that never gets old.

Had to contain my anger in this post.
    Hails yeah; I'd love to see Bisping fight a higher ranked opponenet just to see him get smashed.
    Gothic flavor
    how I miss you
    if I only
    once could
    kiss you
    I'd be happy
    for one moment
    of my lifetime
    I'd be there.

Weezer
    Burndt Jam.

Michael Bisping 'I know I can mop the floor with Kennedy and that's what I'm going to do'
    In a recent interview with Bloody Elbow, Michael discussed his two challengers, which one he's most likely to choose for his next fight, his recovery from a twice detached retina, the curious behavior of Anderson Silva during his walkout to the Octagon and thoughts on Vitor Belfort fighting for the Middleweight title in Las Vegas. Here's what he had to say:

Cung Le

They're polar opposites for sure. Cung Le is a class act. He's a hell of a fighter, and he's been around for a long time, he was the Strikeforce champion, and now he's having success in the UFC. He was very respectful in his call-out. There was talk of us fighting last year, but he got called to do The Ultimate Fighter, and fair play to him for that big opportunity. That's the name of the game. You call out a name fighter in order to get ahead in your career, and Cung did it the right way.

Tim Kennedy

Then, on the flip side, you've got this-I don't even know what word to use to describe him-bloody annoyance, Tim Kennedy, that just won't seem to go away. At this point, he's just embarrassing himself. He talks about being a man of pride, and a soldier, and a man of honor...well, maybe he needs to act with a bit of honor and dignity. He's just acting like a punk. He's certainly not acting like a trained, disciplined serviceman.

This little bout agreement that he's done up; he insinuates that I wouldn't take the fight anywhere outside of the UK. Let me just ask a quick question: How many times has he fought outside the US? I think the answer is zero. I think the majority of my UFC appearances have been outside of the UK (13 of 19 appearances). If he's insinuating that I'm scared of him, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard.

I've fought the best athletes in the world, and some on short notice. If Tim Kennedy thinks he's going to be the person I'm scared of-this is the person that dresses up as a f*cking ballerina-he's crazy. He dresses like a woman on a regular basis just to get a bit of attention. It's just embarrassing. And for the record, I have many times spoken to Joe Silva and Dana White and said, ‘Listen, let me shut this guy up once and for all.' It comes down to their decision. He keeps going on like it's me, and that I have the ultimate say so.

That decision basically comes down to Joe Silva, and they're trying to decide if I should waste one of my fight opportunities on a fighter of subpar caliber. They are weighing their options on whether it makes more sense to match me up with a better fighter to make the company more money, or if they should just let me get in there and beat the shit out of him for my own personal satisfaction. I'm hoping they go with the latter, and I get to beat the shit out of him on national TV.

Vitor Belfort Fighting In Las Vegas

I don't really know what the commission bases those exemptions on, so I don't know if that previous positive test precludes a TUE forever, or if there's a certain time period that may have passed. I don't have those details, but I'm sure he's definitely going to try to get that exemption. You just can't deny the fact that he's been massively successful since he's been on TRT. If he wants to maintain that success, I'm sure he'll apply for an exemption certificate.

I'm sure he'll do everything by the book. It has to be for the UFC. Will he get one? I don't know. I'm not Keith Kizer. I will be watching very closely, to see how this whole thing unfolds. Will it affect him? Definitely. He hasn't fought outside of Brazil for a while now.

The thing is, coming off TRT for one fight isn't really going to make that much of a difference, because he's still going to have that excess muscle mass. He'll still be able to have that to his benefit, and those elevated levels early on in his training camp. Coming off it for one fight isn't going to kill that, especially if he eats right and trains hard. It's a bit of an unfair advantage.

I still want to fight him again, but I want to fight him clean, and long enough for the testosterone levels to come down to normal or what they should be for a man his age. I would imagine that takes about six months to a year, but again, I'm not a physician, so I don't know the exact details of all that.

If the NSAC says he can't have the exemption, they need to get him tested right now, and test him repeatedly, the same way they did with Barnett and Browne, all the way up to fight night. If they don't do that, and just test him the day of the fight, he'll just use the stuff up until three or four weeks before the fight, and then stop to get his levels down again. For Chris Weidman, who is a clean fighter, to have to come in against a guy with an unfair advantage, that's just not right.

Thoughts On Silva/Weidman Fight

I'm a huge fan of Anderson. He'll go down as having the most magnificent career ever in the UFC. What I noticed when he was coming out for the fight, he stopped in the hallway outside and meditated; kind of closed his eyes and focused himself for a few minutes. I think that was a definite sign of nerves. It was his first fight coming back after a big knockout; it's a big stage and the pressure is huge.

I was ringside right there, maybe three or four feet away from him, and two or three seats to the left of me was Vitor Belfort. It seemed to me that he kind of headed in that direction, to go and shout at Vitor. He spotted him and was headed over, but security got hold of him and steered him into the cage. I was wondering why he was concerned with Vitor when he's got Chris Weidman right in front of him. It just seemed like mentally, he'd succumbed to the pressure a little bit, and I kind of thought this doesn't bode well for him, especially with it being such a high profile fight against the guy that had just knocked him out earlier this year.

Weidman was clearly dominating the fight before he broke his leg. It was a shame, and very sad to see Anderson go out like that. Yeah, the leg break was brutal, and when he was carried past me, screaming in pain, my heart went out to him. He's had such a beautiful career, and that's just not how you want to go out. At the same time, you've got to take your hat off for Chris Weidman and congratulate him.

Clarification On His Eye Injury

What had happened is it (the retina) detached, they reattached it, and then it re-detached. It wasn't anything to do with the surgery, it was because scar tissue had formed-which is very rare-and it caused it to detach again. I'm not sure if I'm saying this properly, but the scar tissue that developed around it sort of pushed it out of place again. They did the surgery again, and this time, everything is fine.

Everything is good now, and the eye is stable. I'm sparring again already, everything is going well, and I should be clear to fight in April. I've spoken to Joe Silva and Dana many times, and I should have something lined up for somewhere around April, and that loud-mouthed little shit, Tim Kennedy just might get his head punched in if I'm lucky.

Tim Kennedy by bayonet stabbing.

I am being a total army homer but I like Kennedy in this fight. I think he is surging. I think his grappling is sick. Plus he showed a little ko power in his last bout.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information