Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bisping cleared to train, wants higher-ranked opponent than Tim Kennedy

If by "mop the floor" with Tim, bisping is referring to winning on points; yes, he's got a great chance. He's got 5 or 6 inches of length advantage, he's got excellent mobility, and he employs the peck and run style better than anyone in the game.

I did think it was funny how pip takes Tim to task on being respectful with his call out...he could have taken his own advice several times in his career. That's about as far as I got through his crap.

I mean, he'd happily fight Cung Le, who isn't close to a top 20 ranking--and who pushes pip's length advantage into double digits--not to mention Le is well into his 40's--but he's balking at facing Tim, because Tim isn't ranked high enough.

Got it, pip. You are the man.

As much as I'd love to see Anderson destroy him--one legged--I don't want that fight now, not even for a gimme if Anderson recovers and wants to return. I hope Anderson recovers 100%, but I do not know that I want to see him to fight again.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Funny thing about Bisping complaining about fighting such a lower ranked fighter in Kennedy is we all know he'll be right back in the press after a win claiming he should get a title shot because of his 2 fight win streak.

As much as I hate to admit it this is a very winnable fight for Bisping. He should be happy to take this fight and the likely win thjat comes with it as this is how he's built up his name by beating mid tier fighters.

I think the issue is risk/reward. Tim isn't a huge name, but he's a better fighter than anyone bisping has beaten, in my opinion. I'm sure there are some Brian Stann fans out there who would disagree, but Kennedy poses a significant risk to bisping if he presses the action and doesn't let ol' pip settle into his dance routine.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thinks it's a pretty low risk for Bisping though and of the options out there for him at the moment it's his best bet to get a win. I don't think Kennedy is that great at pressing the action and his grappling isn't good enough to neutralize Bisping playing the point game. Add in the size/reach advantages Bisping should take this with little trouble

Kennedy probably seems (on paper at least) to be a good matchup. Bisping definitely moves better and that was before Tim's injury. Still, Bisping would not want to get clinched up by Tim, no siree.

I'm astonished that Bisping would call out Cung Le though. I'm sure it's because of Le's gas tank, and Bisping would have have an obvious advantage there. But if that's a 3 round fight ill take Le all day, because while his cardio is shite I think it's good enough to keep Bisping on the end of his kicks for the first two rounds, and I'd bank on Bisping not being able to finish him in the third.

5 rounder goes to Bisping though.

At the end of the day Bisping will cry and complain win or lose no matter the opponent. Kennedy is a solid threat to Bisping. Though I would like to see Kennedy drop to 170.

Tim Kennedy vs. Bisping should happen, and it makes sense. They can sell that fight so easily.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Luke Rockhold eyeing Bisping fight, says he ‘needs to pay’ for past comments
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/01/luke-ro...past-comments/
    “I’m looking at anyone in the middleweight division to get myself back into (title) position,” Rockhold said. “I already let it be known Bisping’s out there. A lot of people are calling him out, but Bisping went on national TV and told everybody he was the unofficial Strikeforce champion. He calls it a joke and this and that, but I say he’s got bad taste and he needs to pay for it.

“I’d like to get that match. He’s a top five middleweight out there. There’s not many guys freed up right now, but I’m interested in getting in there as soon as possible and having a good 2014.”

Meh, I honestly see Kennedy as a bigger threat to Bisping than Rockhold.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Meh, I honestly see Kennedy as a bigger threat to Bisping than Rockhold.
    What makes you say that ?

I don't see anything that Kennedy does better then Rockhold and you can see that in their match.

Thread Information