Thread: Lorenzo Fertitta discusses MMA in New York, increased 2014 UFC schedule, GSP's future

Threaded View

Default Lorenzo Fertitta discusses MMA in New York, increased 2014 UFC schedule, GSP's future

I've put it on here instead of a video section as Lorenzo discusses quite a few important topics, including GSP's future and such (8 minute mark). He also talks about the NSAC at the 11:30 mark. He articulates both situations so well, and so much better than Dana [unsurprisingly] even after Dana tried reclarifying it days later. I still don't get why Lorenzo is not the public figure instead of Dana who goofs up way too much.

Quick two points he made regarding GSP and NSAC:
    - He said GSP doesn't owe the UFC anything and he can retire if wants to. What he feels that GSP owes is a clarification on what he will decide to do, i.e., retire or not, as this has consequences on putting the division in limbo.
    - He said the NSAC is still the gold standard and doesn't feel it was a huge controversial decision as some think. He scored it for Johny but knows that the first round was razor thin (thank you Lorenzo!).

*For some reason, it's not embedding properly.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/11/2...9rcZOa2vywwsUh
    Last edited by Dr. MMA; 11-22-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Thread Information