+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kennedy: Firas not Jackson makes fighters boring

Default Kennedy: Firas not Jackson makes fighters boring

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ghters-boring/

UFC middleweight Tim Kennedy says that it is not Greg Jackson that crafted for GSP a style that some fans call boring, it was Firas Zahabi, owner of the Montreal-based TriStar Gym. And, Kennedy charges, Zahabi did the same thing to Rory MacDonald.

"Even when they said it, it was ridiculous," Kennedy told MMAMania's Matthew Roth. "Totally unfounded. If you look at the past ten fights. The fighters that have won the 'submission of the night,' the 'knockout of the night,' and 'fight of the night' bonuses are almost exclusively Jackson guys."

"In my last fight camp, it was me, Rustam, Adlan, and Cerrone, all in fight camp at the same time. All of us fighting three weeks apart and all of us had a 'knockout of the night' or 'fight of the night.' Then you look at Firas and you look at Rory MacDonald."

"I remember when (Rory MacDonald) fought Nate Diaz and it was extreme grappling, vicious strikes. That guy was scary. Now we're two years removed from that fight and the transition is now a guy jabbing from the outside. Not even in volume. It's just horrible. It's so boring."

"I felt bad for Robbie Lawler. He only knows one way of fighting, which is violently. But to fight violently, you need a guy who is going to participate."

!boom!
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

If fighting in a very "boring" style means becoming a millionaire and holding a belt for 6 straight years, I would definitely accept that.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    If fighting in a very "boring" style means becoming a millionaire and holding a belt for 6 straight years, I would definitely accept that.
    I like watching GSP, but Rory has become so boring to watch on the feet. If he gets it to the ground, he can be pretty active and exciting, but on the feet, Rory just stops the action.

Did Guida train with Firas? Anyone remember when he was exciting to watch?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Clay: 18 UFC fights, 8 bonuses. 9 if you count the "fight of the year" one.

GSP: 22 UFC fights, 6 bonuses.

So, yeah, Id say I remember when he was exciting to watch.
    Actually Guida had two "fight of the years." One against Sanchez and one agasint Huerta. Don't get me wrong, he used to be one of my favourite fighters but he's been boring as hell lately. I had always blammed Greg Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information