Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominick Cruz responds to Dana White's claims that he could have returned sooner

Default Dominick Cruz responds to Dana White's claims that he could have returned sooner

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/11/2...vs-renan-barao

UFC president Dana White recently opined that Cruz had delayed his return a little longer than needed in order to shake off any traces of cage rust before signing on to face Barao:

Cruz is 200 percent. I shouldn't say this, but I will, because this is what I f--- do to myself. I think that Cruz has kind of been stalling. I think Cruz has dragged this out longer than needed to be because I think he's working extra hard on working off the ring rust. Doing the things, that, this just came to our attention a few weeks ago, that Cruz possibly could have fought much sooner. Which makes the fight even more interesting.

Cruz was in New York on Thursday, and spoke to Ariel Helwani about White's comments:

I don't think he meant it that way, I really don't.

I think what Dana was trying to say was not that I've been waiting and doing nothing. Him saying that means to me, he's not saying that I've been sitting back waiting on my hands, I've been working to come back. What's he's trying to say is that my knee is fine. I've had the time to prepare, ring rust is not going to be an issue and my knee is not going to be an issue.

Cruz's last title defense came on October 1, 2011 when he earned a unanimous decision over Demetrious Johnson. A torn ACL during filming of The Ultimate Fighter: Live, and two surgeries on that damaged left knee have kept Cruz out of the Octagon since that title defense.

I reeeeeeeeally wish Dana White would stop talking.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I reeeeeeeeally wish Dana White would stop talking.
    That's where I was in 2007, Kevo.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

"These fucking so called fighters need to suck it up and stop with these fucking so called injury's and needing to rest their fucking bodies bullshit!!!! this isn't figure skating this is the fucking UFC .... UF FUCKING C!!!! you fight anywhere any time and any place!!! for fuck sakes you're a fighter man so fucking prove it!!!"

Dana White

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    That's where I was in 2007, Kevo.

rh
    Does it seem like it's recently gotten worse? I swear every other news story has him in it fuckin yellin about some fuckin fighter fuckin pussy fuckin if you don't like it don't fuckin watch.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Does it seem like it's recently gotten worse? I swear every other news story has him in it fuckin yellin about some fuckin fighter fuckin pussy fuckin if you don't like it don't fuckin watch.
    I'm sure it has. I haven't watched a Vlog or any of the parts of press conferences when he talks for a couple years now. I have absolutely zero interest in hearing him talk. I've scanned some of his bullshit in print when it seems like it's a legitimate story or when a fighter I really like is involved, but I stand by what I've said for the last 5 years: MMA would take a huge leap forward if dana fell off the planet.

The best thing Lorenzo could do would be to hire someone to smack dana in the face with a rolled up newspaper every time he says something stupid. It would probably take a few months before he grasped the concept, but the quality of his vids would be immediately and exponentially increased.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I think the UFC would be better off without him at this point, yes.

Or you could not get worked up about another's words.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Or you could not get worked up about another's words.

Not getting worked up at all, we're just discussing how the public face of a company should act a little more professional.

Seizure via strippers.

Thread Information