Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dominick Cruz responds to Dana White's claims that he could have returned sooner

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I've been saying forever that Dana White is full of shit and he should not talk in public at all. Ooh but of course "Pashak hates the UFC and good uncle Dana, he just hates him for no reason, it must be because Dana talked bad things about Fedor"

Barao eager for showdown with Cruz

"I'm truly happy this fight is finally going to happen," he said.

"With all the media around it, it just really makes me happy to see that people recognize us."

Not that the Brazilian feels he still has to prove that he's the rightful bantamweight king, or anything.

"I personally feel like that I’ve been a champion, not just now, but for some time," Barao said.

"This is just a chance to unify the belts and show everybody what I can do, and keep these belts for a while."

Cruz addresses Tito beef, talks potential Faber rematch and more
    http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...match-and-more
    “Dana gets a ton of questions about every fighter in the UFC,” explains Dominick. “What he's trying to say is that my knee is fine. I've had the time I need to prepare so ring rust won't be an issue and my knee's not going to be an issue”

On the subject of fights, the 19-1 135lb'er is clearly happy to finally be back in the workings of UFC competition and, after touching on his next opponent, saying, “I respect [Barao] because he's been respectful of me,” Cruz can't help but make a jab towards long-time foe Urijah Faber.

“That person is like a nail in a tyre,” rails the reigning UFC champ. “If you pull it out everything just goes flat. You gotta have it in their long enough until you can deal with it. So, the nail will stay and he's gonna get a beating.”

When asked if he thinks a third fight between himself and 'The California Kid will take place, Cruz doesn't seem at all perturbed by the thought. In fact, he seems very open to it: “Probably, I can't see where else it would go.”

It seems Cruz now has another name to add to his list of enemies as, in a recent interview, he made some comments which apparently angered his former UFC colleague Tito Ortiz. Ortiz took to Twitter to let Dominick know exactly how he felt and, in this interview, Cruz gave his explanation of the situation.

“Long story short, we were talking about Bellator, Mike Chandler's fight with Alvarez and then they were asking me about Dana White and how it is being around Dana White and I said, 'Being around Dana White is like having a friend that can yell at you.... You deal with it. It is what it is...

“And they said, 'So you don't get all mad and upset?' And I said, 'No, you see what happened when Tito did that. It didn't work out very well. It created a lot of problems for him and his business with the UFC.' I think that's what he got upset about.”

Despite having upset the UFC Hall of Famer, Dominick feels his words were simply misunderstood by Ortiz and is sticking to his guns. “I feel like that was truth... I didn't feel like I said anything out of line.”

Dominick Cruz is set to fight Renan Barao to unify the UFC bantamweight and interim bantamweight championships at UFC 169 on February 1st.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 11-23-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Dana may have seen in person more fights than anyone in the world, but that doesn't mean he knows shit about what a fighter goes through. You can watch all the fights you want, but your fight experience is still 0.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

i have no problem at all with any fighter taking their time returning to action post ACL surgery. One who has not gone through it doesnt understand the work a person puts in to even get close to being "100% again".

Look at D-rose, takes the entire season off last year in the NBA and bam blows his MCL out the other day in his opposite knee. Its so hard to test your knee in practice because at then end of the day that surgically repaired knee is in the back of your head - its when you are in a game situation (or actually in the fight in Cruz case) when instincts take over and you get the real test on how healthy the knee is.

I don't have a problem with a fighter taking time. I have a problem with the organization allowing a champion to hold the belt for 2 years. No other fighter has had such a luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Does it seem like it's recently gotten worse? I swear every other news story has him in it fuckin yellin about some fuckin fighter fuckin pussy fuckin if you don't like it don't fuckin watch.
    2 f-bombs short of your "f-bombs per sentence" mandate.
    just sayin. Dana has it for a reason.
    H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

He (Dana) is hands down the best fucking fight promoter in the world.
    Every other MMA promoter thus far has failed and failed bad but you all just love to hate the man who is a very very large reason why our sport is not something off the past. He saved the sport oh wait no he did not he MADE it a sport He brought it in to our living rooms for free.

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    Every other MMA promoter thus far has failed and failed bad but you all just love to hate the man who is a very very large reason why our sport is not something off the past. He saved the sport oh wait no he did not he MADE it a sport He brought it in to our living rooms for free.
    I think maybe you give him a bit too much credit. At any rate, that doesn't change the fact he is incredibly unprofessional.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    You absolutely fail to realize that if it was not for Ferttitas, Dana would probably be working now in some McDonalds or Starbucks.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    You absolutely fail to realize that if it was not for Ferttitas, Dana would probably be working now in some McDonalds or Starbucks.
    and without dana white the Fertitaas dont own a billion dollar+ sports promotion. It goes both ways, im pretty sure the Fertitas thank everything that is holy they teamed up with Dana and purchased the UFC.

Thread Information