Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Nicotine - mma

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default Nicotine - mma

    Hi everyone,

    Sorry if i posted in the wrong section. At the UFC 167 post Conf Hendrix came out loaded with some chewing tobacco and kept spitting in his bottle. I know that Baseball has banned players from showing this around fans or media.

    Do you guys think the UFC should ban fighters from publicly doing things like this ?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,432

    Default

    No. Why?

    But I don't believe MLB should have banished it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    No. Why?

    But I don't believe MLB should have banished it either.
    I had a kick when i saw him with the tobacco. I smoke pipes and snuff also. However seing a future champ do things like that does not fall into the good role model.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,531

    Default

    I happen to like it when these guys look human.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I happen to like it when these guys look human.
    True true, I wonder if its something that is popular with the fighters. Snus is very popular in the NHL. One of my favorite players Erik Karlsson is a avid snus user.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,432

    Default

    Chewing tabaco helps you cut weight
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,642

    Default

    It's pretty gross habit really from a PR standpoint I wouldn't want the fighters doing it while sitting in on a organized press conference table. What they do on their own time is their own business though

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    BELLINGHAM. WASHINGTON
    Posts
    5,282

    Default

    i don't but i also would understand if the did. just smpily asking them not to would most likley work the are adults for the most part

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xilbus View Post
    Hi everyone,

    Sorry if i posted in the wrong section. At the UFC 167 post Conf Hendrix came out loaded with some chewing tobacco and kept spitting in his bottle. I know that Baseball has banned players from showing this around fans or media.

    Do you guys think the UFC should ban fighters from publicly doing things like this ?

    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    No. Why?

    But I don't believe MLB should have banished it either.
    Thank You, they are adults let them do wtf they please as long as it isnt breaking the law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xilbus View Post
    I had a kick when i saw him with the tobacco. I smoke pipes and snuff also. However seing a future champ do things like that does not fall into the good role model.
    Good role model? He is a GROWN ASS MAN, he can chew if he fucking wants too. Sports and Media need to not be so damn sensitive. Parents should talk to their kids about tobacco use and regulatory bodies if it's such a big damn concern, but let Grown Men do as they please if its within the confides of the Law.

    I'm tired of this sensitivity bullshit.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    I don't care if he does it but I don't think he should be allowed to do it in a friggin press conference.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •