Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nicotine - mma

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post

Good role model? He is a GROWN ASS MAN, he can chew if he fucking wants too. Sports and Media need to not be so damn sensitive. Parents should talk to their kids about tobacco use and regulatory bodies if it's such a big damn concern, but let Grown Men do as they please if its within the confides of the Law.
    Yes he is a "GROWN ASS MAN" as you like to call him but still doesn't mean he's not acting as a good role model. Yes he is entitled to do whatever he wants but again not acting like good role model. No one was suggesting he shouldn't do as he pleases just merely that he was not being a good role model which is entirely true.

It's not even that he wasn't being a good role model, it's just unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Don't give two fucks or even a single one.

So tobacco use which is perfectly legal after the age of 18 disqualifies you from being a good role model? I'm happy to say I like to smoke when outdoors, so I guess i'm a terrible father figure to my 5 year old. Great to know..

Yes, at a press conference having a huge chaw in does seem a bit unprofessional, but lets face it dude just put on a helluva show and made his company as well as himself alot of money for getting beat on for 25 minutes. I think he should be able to have a post fight dip without answering to anyone about his status of being a role model in a sport that I dont feel is for children anyhow.
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 11-23-2013 at 02:54 AM.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Do whatever the fuck makes you happy so long as it does not harm another being. Fuck anyone who judges you.

It's a waste of energy to judge what you think others should do. The judges and the gossiping-betties are generally the ones who are lacking the happiness which others display.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 11-23-2013 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Do whatever the fuck makes you happy so long as it does not harm another being. Fuck anyone who judges you.

It's a waste of energy to judge what you think others should do.
    goddamn sir I wish more people had your way of thinking. The world would be a much better place..
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Don't give two fucks or even a single one.
    Love when people say they don't care back take the time to post

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    So tobacco use which is perfectly legal after the age of 18 disqualifies you from being a good role model? I'm happy to say I like to smoke when outdoors, so I guess i'm a terrible father figure to my 5 year old. Great to know..
    Not to sound to inflammatory, but when your kid grows up would you want him to be a smoker ? Sure your kid will make his own choices as an adult but you, but I'd have to imagine that you wouldn't want them to smoke right ? I mean realistically who wants their kids growing up addicted to something they don't need with many different health ramifications tied to it.

So that said why would you smoke and give them the indication that it's ok to do it ? Even if you tell them it's wrong your actions will speaker louder then words.

As a Canadian do you not think that someone that smokes or uses other tobacco related products has an effect on you ?

It's a waste of energy to judge what you think others should do. The judges and the gossiping-betties are generally the ones who are lacking the happiness which others display.
    Again not to be inflammatory but I've seen you do the same thing... you are actually doing it right now judging people because of their actions
    Last edited by Rise; 11-23-2013 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise
    As a Canadian do you not think that someone that smokes or uses other tobacco related products has an effect on you
    I do not see how my being Canadian factors into that. It's chewing tobacco. People are not going to start using chewing tobacco because of a press conference that a small percentage of fans watch. If someone is that weak-minded then........ natural selection will get them someday.

Again not to be inflammatory but I've seen you do the same thing... you are actually doing it right now judging people because of their actions
    No skin off my back.

How many kids are watching the post fight press conferences anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I do not see how my being Canadian factors into that. It's chewing tobacco. People are not going to start using chewing tobacco because of a press conference that a small percentage of fans watch. If someone is that weak-minded then........ natural selection will get them someday.
    Because of the effect that people who use tobacco related products have on a health care system that we pay for. Money and manpower are both resources wasted on health problems that could be avoided

Thread Information