Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bellator: Schlemenko vs Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Please tell me how the production is shitty.

The cameras are on point with proper lighting. The breaks return before the round breaks are over. The commentary audio doesn't disappear randomly (ufc used to constantly). The announcers aren't great but they're not terrible or tongue-twisted and know the sport.

What is bad? Seriously.
    Nothing is bad. it is just that as I said, UFC hypes a lot their product so everybody thinks that all the UFC fighters are A level fighters and are awesome (Which is not true at all), and Bellator does not hype enough their product, that is why people think that Bellator is full of C and D level fighters and they suck.

There are plenty of fighters with awesome records and good skills (You can see how Dagestani fighters make their debut in the UFC with a record of 15-0 or something like that) but for one or other reason they are not in the UFC so people think that they are bad fighters.

UFC has most of the best fighters, and they have C level fighters too. There are many very good fighters in other orgs. It is all about hype.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Good fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

If it was called Pride, you would be saying how great the tournament structure is. Commentary is not that bad. Actually, overall don't mind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Some fighters are pretty good and I like watching the fights but it is still a lesser product. The production value isn't very good, the commentary is horrible, and the tournament format is incredibly lame. I essentially have it for background noise while I'm doing something else and waiting for something good to happen.

Better than Anik by far and I can't stand florian either.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Some fighters are pretty good and I like watching the fights but it is still a lesser product. The production value isn't very good, the commentary is horrible, and the tournament format is incredibly lame. I essentially have it for background noise while I'm doing something else and waiting for something good to happen.
    I think it depends on what you watch cards for.
    I think rogaine sucks ass. I think Goldie is unintentionally amusing, but not often enough to get me to listen to him.
    I haven't watched a zuffa card with the sound on for at least 6 years. I might go back and watch interviews if I like the fighter, but for the most part, I just want to see fights.
    I liked the tourney format better when it was a bit more strict. I like earned spots better than the sell-buy-rate format that zuffa churns out all-too-frequently.

I don't think Bellator sucks at all.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Ivanov FTW! Shame he had that long layoff from the stabbing, wonder if he'll ever reach his max potential. Great to see him back. Made $110 off this card, happy night, fun bouts.

I think Bellator is on a very dangerous ledge right now, it has to be careful not to follow the path of Affliction and Strikeforce. Now Strikeforce managed to be #2 for years and had a decent product. Bellator could do the same and slowly start to appeal to more mainstream markets, nipping away at the UFC fanbase. But if they try to go head to head with the UFC, Dana's gonna rip them 12 new assholes and everyone will want to compare their "product" based on hype. It's better if they just shut up and put on amazing fights, let the fights sell the promotion.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    Am I the only one watching this event? Main should be sick, last week didnt disappoint either. All televised Main Card fights ended in first or second round.

Not too bad of fights so far tonight, Hawn just had a beautiful brutal KO finish
    i gave up talking about all the smaller shows here. No one seemed to be watching them for the most part
    i'm by no means a bellator fan but they are getting better year after year.
    axis had some dam fine fight's on glory had some real real good kick boxing on

Way too many ufc marks to have a logical conversation on the other orgs.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Nobody else got love for Ivanov???

Thread Information