Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Out of title contention, ex-UFC champ Rich Franklin will retire after one more fight

Shogun vs Franklin

MAKE IT HAPPEN JOE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FedortheCan View Post
    Wasn't a big fan of his fights in the last half of his career. But a class act and help build the sport and helped build Andersons legacy. Who knows how big Franklin would have been had Anderson choose a different career path
    Or if Pride never folded. A lot of guys would have had completely different legacies if it wasn't for that.

However, After beating Franklin Silva then faced Dan Henderson who I think would have beaten Franklin also. Now that I think of it though Dan vs Rich would be an awesome fight to make right now also.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 11-24-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    Rich Franklin vs Hendo for old times sake? both coming off losses
    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    However, After beating Franklin Silva then faced Dan Henderson who I think would have beaten Franklin also. Now that I think of it though Dan vs Rich would be an awesome fight to make right now also.
    You both remember that they have fought already right ? wasn't exactly a great fight at the time and with Henderson's performances of late and Rich sitting out so long I can't see a rematch being any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    You both remember that they have fought already right ? wasn't exactly a great fight at the time and with Henderson's performances of late and Rich sitting out so long I can't see a rematch being any better.
    I just mentioned it again for nostalgia's sake as a retirement rematch. Thought it would be a cool way to go, both have had a long stellar career and made their mark.

I'm up for anything honestly.. Just would like to see Rich's career end on a good note or against someone else who will be retiring shortly
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    I just mentioned it again for nostalgia's sake as a retirement rematch. Thought it would be a cool way to go, both have had a long stellar career and made their mark.

I'm up for anything honestly.. Just would like to see Rich's career end on a good note or against someone else who will be retiring shortly
    man, i'm not really sure about his retirement fight against hendo. hendos still got that KO power and what if he KOs rich out cold? that would be like two KO loses in a row and I don't think he would like to end his career in that manner. I would say, give him a winnable high profile fight, someone like bisping or munoz.

I think a fight against Bisping would be nice
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I think that would make it better

7. Default

Don;t have to worry about Bisping KOing him. Might spit or knee him while down though

I don't think that any Franklin fan would want Jacare to be his last opponent.
    It is not that I am a fan of Rich, but he looks like a likeable guy and if he loses I hope it by dec. and not by brutal KO or submission after eating an epic beating
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I would love to see rich beat bisping.. If he lost though, I would be extremely sad.

Fuckin love how I get no love for my idea yet other keep suggesting it TWATS.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Thread Information