Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jones wants superfight with Cain Velasquez within next year

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Glover will be quick work for Jones. There's no category that Jones does not best him in.
    I would like to agree with this, and in all honesty that is my thinking as well but after witnessing Weidman/AS and Hendricks/GSP i dont count anyone out of a fight now.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    I would like to agree with this, and in all honesty that is my thinking as well but after witnessing Weidman/AS and Hendricks/GSP i dont count anyone out of a fight now.
    Each of those challengers had a wrestling advantage. Glover has..... what for Jones?

Each of those challengers had a wrestling advantage. Glover has..... what for Jones?
    im sure some will try and argue that Glover is the better boxer/striker based off the Jones/Goose fight. Im not one of those people, but im sure there are some out there.

Was Dana worried about putting DC vs Gus? Or was it DC saying he wouldnt fly to Sweden and would only fight in the United States. 0 fights at LHW ever = irrelevant when talking about the Champion and who he still needs to fight.

And no, its not the same as chael getting a shot (not directing this at you, im saying this in general before someone comes in and says it)
    I'll say it once again, when he's being moved directly into a fight with a top 5 guy that makes him immediately relevant. When Jones himself talks about him repeatedly, that makes him relevant. When you have a guy who has defeated 2 former heavyweight champions and has the wrestling accolades he has, he's relevant at any weight class where he decides to fight.

Calling him undeserving of an immediate title fight is proper. Calling him irrelevant is not because clearly the UFC, nearly every expert, and even Jones see him as being noteworthy whether Jones admits it or not.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Velasquez opens as big favorite over Jones in potential superfight
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...al-superfight/
    As of today at overseas betting site "BetOnline.ag," Velasquez has opened as a (-275) favorite against Jones, who in turn gets the "underdog" rate of (+215). Simply put, for every $275 wagered on the heavyweight champ, you would earn $100. While a $100 bet on "Bones" would pocket you an extra $215.

What kind of person bets on a fight that has not been booked?

I got 1,000 on Anderson Silva for Silva vs. GSP.

7. Default

a betting addict would bet There was one grandfather found a bookie that took a bet his grandson would make the Olympic team, and took 16 years and he collected.

What kind of person bets on a fight that has not been booked?

I got 1,000 on Anderson Silva for Silva vs. GSP.
    the attraction is the belief that the odds will change once the fight becomes more secure. they're betting to get in early. I would imagine that the odds will sway even more in Cain's favor if the bout is ever announced.

And if you think betting on a fight without a bout agreement is bad, I know degenerates who will bet on how much the odds will change between the opening line and the time of the fight...some without even the remotest care of who wins the bout.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    the attraction is the belief that the odds will change once the fight becomes more secure. they're betting to get in early. I would imagine that the odds will sway even more in Cain's favor if the bout is ever announced.
    I'm not so sure about that. Given how dominant Cain was against a killer like JDS and how Jones' was at his most vulnerable point in his fight against Gustafsson in their last fights, the odds came out as they did. If Jones looks dominant in his next fight, the odds will start to shrink. It's just a case of how oddsmakers take advantage of most MMA fan's selective [and most recent] memory.

I don't believe he's top 10 in the HW division. He may be relevant for discussion sake, but not legitimate.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Thread Information