Thread: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira expects April return, eyes UFC fight against Roy Nelson

Default Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira expects April return, eyes UFC fight against Roy Nelson

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/11/25/5...lson-fight-mma

"Minotauro" (34-8) is still recovering from injuries sustained in his submission loss to "Vai Cavalo" last June and anticipates an April 2014 return. If and when he finally does climb back into the Octagon, he wouldn't mind if "Big Country" was there to welcome him.

MMA Fighting has more:

"I'm totally interested in this fight. He's a tough athlete and is always fighting the tops. I would like to fight him. He has a heavy hand and would be a good challenge. I'm not training hard yet, but I'm always training something with my coaches. But I won't be able to train hard before January. I want to be back to the cage by March or April. I'll be recovered from my injury by the end of the year. Ligament injuries require six months to recover, so I can't come back before that. So before I'm able to return to training, I'm focused in my gym."

Big Nog ain't gonna retire until every limb and joint has been surgically repaired.

seems like a pretty logical fight for both right now

I will be rooting for big nog. I can accept Roy potentially knocking him out, but if Big Nog gets submitted again, I am going to cry.

Thread Information