Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaz: I'll be fighting for a title soon

Default Diaz: I'll be fighting for a title soon

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-a-title-soon/

Nate Diaz has been in the UFC's lightweight top five since official rankings began, and fought but lost a UFC title fight against Benson Henderson. Heading into Saturday's showdown with Gray Maynard, Diaz still has another title run in his mind:

"This is survival of the fittest," Diaz recently said during an UFC interview.

"I beat [Maynard], I'm going to hunt down Pettis and Thomson's ass and take them out. I'll be back fighting for a title real quick."

Diaz first faced Maynard in an exhibition bout on season 5 of The Ultimate Fighter, choking him into submission with a guillotine choke. The two faced one another again 2010 and Maynard won a close decision that Diaz still disputes.

"I'm going to beat Gray Maynard. It's the third time fighting him. Finish it off and seal the deal. I won the first one. I think I won the second fight, too. You can ask him how he won the fight. I'll bet you he don't got too good of an answer," the Stockton, CA native says.

After scanning the boards and seeing this headline, I immediately thought Nick Diaz was talking shit again about GSP/Hendricks/Weidman/Silva.

In reading it, Nate is still talking shit but at least there's potential for him to back it up. I'm not confident he beats Gray, but we'll see.

A "focused and committed" Gray is a beast. Problem is, that knee injury and training camp issues have derailed his run. I still think Gray takes it, but I'm tentative to invest too much in Maynard until we see another really impressive showing...

4. Default

If Gray remembers he's more then just a sh*tty boxer, this is his fight all day long. I would love to watch another fight where a Diaz gets wrestlef*cked for 3-5 rounds.

I don't think Diaz can beat any top 5 fighters in the LW division, if he ever gets a title shot its because someone gets injured and he is gifted a title fight as a fill in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    After scanning the boards and seeing this headline, I immediately thought Nick Diaz was talking shit again about GSP/Hendricks/Weidman/Silva.

In reading it, Nate is still talking shit but at least there's potential for him to back it up. I'm not confident he beats Gray, but we'll see.
    Nick backs up more shit than Nate ever possibly could... He just gets mad and quits the sport randomly at times. I'm still waiting for that return anytime now.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

7. Default

I don't see were the Diaz add or change there game were the top 5 game plan them to a loss.

8. 11-26-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    Nick backs up more shit than Nate ever possibly could... He just gets mad and quits the sport randomly at times. I'm still waiting for that return anytime now.
    I only said it given their current situations. Nate's still fighting and could potentially make a run. Nick (as of now) is retired, not really accepting any fight offers from what's been said and was saying he wanted to slap someone at middleweight before or after Silva/Weidman through Instagram.

Nate is aboot to get KO'd fer the secund time in his career, eh.

I recently watched the BJ Penn/Jenns Pulver season of tuf again, it had a lot of good fights. Maynard was landing some heavy ground and pound in their first fight, which made it pretty awesome when Diaz got the sub. I really wish Maynard would focus on that part of his game again, he could have been this generations Matt Hughes (at LW). Come to think of it, back in his tuf days, he mirrored Dan Hendersons style to the T. Either way, I just hope this rematch is a good one.

Thread Information