Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler Will Fight for Georges St-Pierre’s Vacated Belt

Default Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler Will Fight for Georges St-Pierre’s Vacated Belt

http://www.mmaweekly.com/johny-hendr...elt-at-ufc-171

UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre decided that he had issues in his personal life that he needs to deal with, thus on Friday, St-Pierre announced that he is taking unprecedented step of taking a leave of absence and relinquishing his UFC belt.

St-Pierre had no answers for how long he would be stepping away, or if it might even be a permanent move that eventually becomes his retirement.

Not wasting any time in filling the huge gap that St-Pierre leaves behind, UFC president Dana White announced that the UFC would move swiftly to put the belt around someone else’s waist.

UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre decided that he had issues in his personal life that he needs to deal with, thus on Friday, St-Pierre announced that he is taking unprecedented step of taking a leave of absence and relinquishing his UFC belt.

St-Pierre had no answers for how long he would be stepping away, or if it might even be a permanent move that eventually becomes his retirement.

Not wasting any time in filling the huge gap that St-Pierre leaves behind, UFC president Dana White announced that the UFC would move swiftly to put the belt around someone else’s waist.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Everybody take a second and think about how crazy it is Robbie Lawler is fighting for the UFC WW title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I'd have preferred Hendricks/Condit II and Diaz/Lawler II, but whatevs....

Awesome, GSP takes time off and hopefully gets his life in order without throwing the division in disarray. Plus Robbie Lawler gets to fight, a very winnable fight btw, for a title.
    You have to know what you don't know.

It is going to be weird as hell not seeing GSP in a welterweight title fight...

Trivia:

Who was the last person other than GSP and Matt Sera to challenge for the WW title?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Trivia:

Who was the last person other than GSP and Matt Sera to challenge for the WW title?
    Wouldn't that be Matt Hughes when he regained the belt by beating BJ Penn? I can't remember the event...

Edit: I suppose the question was the last one that challenged and won?

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    Wouldn't that be Matt Hughes when he regained the belt by beating BJ Penn? I can't remember the event...

Edit: I suppose the question was the last one that challenged and won?
    Not counting Interim titles.

Diaz and Condit should be in this equation. 4 man tourney for the damn belt. Throwing Lawler in front of someone like Condit is ridiculous, he beat McDonald so what? If I was Condit I'd be rolling a grave right now.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Not counting Interim titles.
    Was that an interim title? Wait, he didn't regain it from BJ. Fuckles..

Thread Information