Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rest in Peace, Shane Del Rosario

Default Rest in Peace, Shane Del Rosario

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/11/2...ical-condition

Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
    UFC heavyweight Shane del Rosario is in critical condition after suffering cardiac arrest on Tuesday.

"Shane had a catastrophic cardiovascular collapse at home on Tuesday morning," del Rosario's manager Jason House told MMAFighting.com via a prepared statement. "He was brought to the hospital in full cardiac arrest. He was resuscitated in the emergency room back to a stable heart rhythm and blood pressure. He is currently in the coronary care unit critically ill.

"Our prayers are with him and his family."

No further details about his condition are available at this time.
    Pretty grim news. Hope he ends up okay.

Poor SDR.
    Tremendous potential, endless setbacks.
    At this point, I just want to see him healthy and happy.

Oh my god this is a nightmare. This dude has been thru absolute hell recently.. First he almost dies in a car wreck and now he just did die, but was revived. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family! hope he is ok

Scary situation
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

I wish him a speedy recovery... good thing he's being taken care of...

Wish him a speedy recovery. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

@JoshGrossESPN: Been in contact with @Lowkick all morning about Shane Del Rosario. He wants people to know Shane has a chance, "albeit it a small one."
    Please survive and live a healthy, happy life. That's all that matters.

Thoughts to sdr and family. Loved his strikeforce fights and admire the adversity he has gone through. Hope he keeps fighting (for life or whatnot)

Updated: Shane del Rosario in Critical Condition After Suffering Cardiac Arrest

According to Erik Apple, a training partner who has known del Rosario since they were in high school, the fighter’s situation has improved since Tuesday.

“Yesterday [Tuesday] there was very little hope for him to even make it past that day,” Apple told Sherdog.com. “It was down to the point where his liver and kidneys weren’t functioning. He was on dialysis. They had to give him the maximum amount of medication that they can just so they could get his blood pressure at an acceptable level.

“Since then, he’s actually had some positive signs. No. 1, his kidneys are functioning...he doesn’t have any problems with his organs right now as far as I know,” Apple added. “Early this morning they began weaning him of off the blood pressure medication.”

According to Apple, del Rosario was found at home by his roommate, UFC flyweight Ian McCall. McCall called 911 and administered CPR to del Rosario before he was taken to the hospital. Apple says that del Rosario had no prior health issues with his heart.

“He had some response this morning. A nurse said he sort of readjusted himself and turned his head. To me that means his brain is coming back online. If he’s moving and having some kind of reaction those are all positive signs,” Apple said.

Despite the improvements in del Rosario’s condition, Apple said that the odds are still stacked against his longtime friend.

“From what we’re told, if Shane is going to survive, and he’s going to be OK, it would be a big deal,” he said.

Jesus. How random is that.
    I wonder what the final say will be on what caused this, since they say he hasn't had any previous heart conditions.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    Jesus. How random is that.
    I wonder what the final say will be on what caused this, since they say he hasn't had any previous heart conditions.
    I've been following SDR pretty closely over the past few years, and while I'm clearly speculating here, I'd hazard that the multitude of injuries and longterm effects from the car accident he sustained a few years back really messed him up.

Thread Information