+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rest in Peace, Shane Del Rosario

...and fuck dana for not apologizing.

on the long list of asshole moves, that's one of the assholiest.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

2. Default

Ian McCall spends Thanksgiving next to his "ohana", Shane del Rosario
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/11/29/5...ne-del-rosario

TThe mixed martial arts (MMA) world was rocked this week when Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight Shane del Rosario was hospitalized after suffering two heart attacks. Del Rosario has been on life support, with friends and family hoping that he'll be able to make a miraculous recovery.

One of those that's been greatly affected is UFC flyweight, Ian McCall, who considers del Rosario a brother. Though they aren't related by blood, McCall and del Rosario have an extremely close relationship.

While people were spending time with family and friends to celebrate Thanksgiving, McCall was at his friend's bedside. Luckily, del Rosario has a lot of people who care about him that McCall still got to have a Thanksgiving feast. It's the best example of trying to make the best out of an awful situation.

McCall posted a photo on Instagram showing the spread with the caption reading "Thanksgiving with my ohana at the hospital." "Ohana" means family in Hawaiian.

Del Rosario's manager, Jason House, sent a text update to Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting that he is clinging to life and that the doctors believe he's suffering from a rare condition known as Long QT Syndrome, a rare genetic heart disorder that could cause an irregular heartbeat.

Long QT Syndrome can be treatable, but it requires the individual to limit their physical activity and could possibly also require surgery or an implant.

I know that the MMA Mania staff wish that del Rosario makes a full recovery and hopes that his family are able to cope with what has been an extremely trying week.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Colin Oyama, Del Rosario's coach just posted

"Start praying people cause we got a shot"

Really holding out hope he can come back from this. This guy is a fuckin warrior still fighting for his life. Positive thoughts

Meltzer is reporting that doctors weren't expecting him to survive through Thursday and fingers crossed, things might be looking up due to the potential identified diagnosis....

No sense in busting Dana's balls for something a lot of us have been going. He heard that he had passed away just like us and he said "RIP" in an attempt to pay his respects. I'm not going to apologize and I don't think he needs to either. Let's just be thankful that Shane is holding on and let's not make this about the Dana hate.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Latest updates showing shane is breathing on his own now! Definitly a positive sign

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    No sense in busting Dana's balls for something a lot of us have been going. He heard that he had passed away just like us and he said "RIP" in an attempt to pay his respects. I'm not going to apologize and I don't think he needs to either. Let's just be thankful that Shane is holding on and let's not make this about the Dana hate.
    He is the head of a huge organization and the media looks at him for information. I'm sure you wouldn't apologize if you told a distasteful joke and someone got offended as well, but Dana has fired people for that.
    Last edited by initial_zen; 12-01-2013 at 11:58 AM.

I can't believe this guy is still fighting, we always talk about a fighter having "heart", this is real HEART! If he's not giving up neither am I.

Come on Shane fight you Beautiful bastard! Fight! Fuck you Death! Let's go Shane!!!
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    He is the head of a huge organization and the media looks at him for information. I'm sure you wouldn't apologize if you told a distasteful joke and someone got offended as well, but Dana has fired people for that.
    1. Dana isn't in the hospital room with Shane and he's probably getting a lot of his information from the same sources as us. When people close to Del Rosario say he's passed away no one sits there and call "bullshit" He's going to do what any decent person would do and give his condolences.

2. The only distasteful joke that I remember him firing someone for was when Miguel Torres made the joke about the "Surprise van." Also, he has disciplined fighters such as Forest Griffin for making similar jokes and not fired them. Now, I know Dana has said some pretty insensitive things but I challenge you to show me one example of him making a joke about rape.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    1. Dana isn't in the hospital room with Shane and he's probably getting a lot of his information from the same sources as us. When people close to Del Rosario say he's passed away no one sits there and call "bullshit" He's going to do what any decent person would do and give his condolences.

2. The only distasteful joke that I remember him firing someone for was when Miguel Torres made the joke about the "Surprise van." Also, he has disciplined fighters such as Forest Griffin for making similar jokes and not fired them. Now, I know Dana has said some pretty insensitive things but I challenge you to show me one example of him making a joke about rape.
    None of those things you mentioned makes it ok for Dana to not retract his statement when he realized it wasn't true.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information