Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rest in Peace, Shane Del Rosario

1. Default

It's always very weird to hear people called "fighters" just because they haven't died yet. So the people who didn't make it through aren't "fighters"? Such a weird ass thing to say.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    It's always very weird to hear people called "fighters" just because they haven't died yet. So the people who didn't make it through aren't "fighters"? Such a weird ass thing to say.
    Really? You need this explained to you???

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    So is he fighting? Or are his organs functioning in a certain way? Either it's strong enough to kill him, or it's not. But is he laying in bed, willing his body to fight?

Is that a proven fact?

I get it that it's warm and fuzzy to think that someone is fighting through.
    Then why do some people die from less? Why do some people live through more? Why when the doctors say the organs should die they end up living? What about people with cancer who hold on and fight and will themselves to live until people start telling them that its ok and that they can go now?

Is it proven that someones will to live has nothing to do with it? Hell I have heard doctors say and talk about someones will to live.

You can believe what you want to believe but when you come on here sounding condescending and making stupid comments while people are giving there support to a dying man you should and will be called out. You think just cuz you went to prison and you post articles on an MMA news board that you are the end all know all? Have you ever seen someone die?? or watched someone dying??? I have. More than once. I have seen a persons will to live. To comment something like that on a post where people are wishing and praying for someone to pull through is just being a douchebag asshole.

Why don't you two take it to private messages. This is not really the right thread to be arguing semantics.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    None of those things you mentioned makes it ok for Dana to not retract his statement when he realized it wasn't true.
    You seriously expect the guy to organize a press conference every time he's misinformed? He shouldn't have to say anything. Shane's manager said he passed away. Why wouldn't Dana and everyone else believe it? Dana has nothing to apologize for and neither does anyone else who said RIP. If you have beef with Dana than fine, but pick your fucking battles. He did nothing wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

The initial news was shocking to read. And the subsequent prognosis of having a very slim chance of him pulling through was a shot to the gut for anyone who feels for people who go through trying times, especially to those who are fans of his and knew of Shane's auto accident.

When the first bit of press said that he had passed away, my heart sank. I didn't want anyone to have to go through something like this, much less someone who I haven't heard anything negative on. After the news broke that the report of his death was false, I wasn't angry at any of the media for posting a story that was false. I was extremely relieved at the updates.

I do think Dana should delete his tweet about Shane's death and at least say he was mistaken due to following the same sources that everyone else did. But if he doesn't, I'm not going to hold it against him. Because to me this isn't about that.

Whether the improvement of his condition (as of now) is due to his will to live, modern medicine, divine intervention or a combination thereof isn't the point. It's simply that the man is still alive and could pull through a once grim outlook. And I await that news anxiously. Whether it comes or not is anyone's guess, but I hope it does.

I'm pulling for Shane to make it through this and be able to live the rest of a long life in peace and happiness, regardless of whether or not he ever competes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    You seriously expect the guy to organize a press conference every time he's misinformed? He shouldn't have to say anything. Shane's manager said he passed away. Why wouldn't Dana and everyone else believe it? Dana has nothing to apologize for and neither does anyone else who said RIP. If you have beef with Dana than fine, but pick your fucking battles. He did nothing wrong here.
    I agree.

Dana has most likely been in contact with the family, personally. Why does he need to go through the media? He does not.

We have seen some good success with this mild therapeutic hypothermia. It is hard to cool a body down but once it is cooled off the success rate is significantly higher than someone who isn't cooled. I have seen this long QT interval in practise and it was a younger person who lived.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    You are welcome to your opinion, but I disagree with it.
    I don't feel like it should have been a press conference, but he could have at least given the retraction and apology the same attention he gave the initial erroneous announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I agree.

Dana has most likely been in contact with the family, personally. Why does he need to go through the media? He does not.
    ah. So on the one hand, dana feels that Georges "owes" something to "the fans," but he, himself, as president of the org and the head of the communication arm of the company is under no such obligation.

right. no double standard there at all.

Again, it's been stated--he could have deleted the tweet. He could have simply stated a quick apology and given updated--and more importantly, ACCURATE information. For all he knows, there are idiots out there who don't research shit on their own who are still taking him at his word. He doesn't have to make a big deal about it, but at least give it the attention he gave the initial statement.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information