Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hyun Gyu Lim replaces injured Ellenberger, meets Saffiedine at UFC Fight Night 34

Default Hyun Gyu Lim replaces injured Ellenberger, meets Saffiedine at UFC Fight Night 34

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/28/hyun...ight-night-34/

The UFC’s first trip to Southeast Asia will feature a substitute headliner, as Hyun Gyu Lim is replacing an injured Jake Ellenberger.

MMAjunkie.com confirmed with sources close to the event that Lim (12-3-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) now meets Tarec Saffiedine (14-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) in the headliner of UFC Fight Night 34, which takes place Jan. 4 at Singapore’s Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre. An official announcement is expected to be made shortly.

Combate first reported Ellenberger’s withdrawal.

This is the best they could find two months out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    This is the best they could find two months out?
    I'm assuming he got the call because he is a pretty good fighter that is also Asian.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I'm assuming he got the call because he is a pretty good fighter that is also Asian.
    And / Or because he was already preparing to fight at FN 34.

Lim throws some serious heat, should be a fun fight. That said, you'd think they could pull Siyar from the prelim bout with John Howard, or maybe Alves or Kampmann who don't really have anything on the table and in Thiago's case, he should be ready around that time coming back from his knee injury.

Yeah, I know they probably wanted an Asian guy to headline an Asian event but this makes for a pretty crappy main event. With this much notice they could have gotten damn near anyone better. Hell, they could have found just about anyone. I bet they could have even found two guys from another division to move into the main event spot on short notice. This just seems like lazy matchmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Another addition to Fight Night 34:
    Brazilian UFC newcomer Luiz Dutra meets Kiichi Kunimoto at UFC Fight Night 34 in Singapore
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/brazili...-in-singapore/

8. Default

UFC Fight Night 34: Jake Ellenberger Offers Little Insight Into Reason For Exit
    http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2013/11/...ason-for-exit/

Jake Ellenberger ✔ @EllenbergerMMA
    Follow
    Unfortunately the Doc pulled me guys. I was really looking forward to Singapore. Thx for all the support
    12:21 PM - 29 Nov 2013
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Yeah, I know they probably wanted an Asian guy to headline an Asian event but this makes for a pretty crappy main event. With this much notice they could have gotten damn near anyone better. Hell, they could have found just about anyone. I bet they could have even found two guys from another division to move into the main event spot on short notice. This just seems like lazy matchmaking.
    I'm surprised they didn't at least go with a name that's already established Stun Gun doesn't have a fight coming up and would have fit in perfect here. Does seem really lazy guess they figure they will sell out either way.

Hacran Dias out at UFC Fight Night 34, promotion seeking replacement opponent for Tatsuya Kawajiri

Brazilian featherweight Hacran Dias has suffered an injury in training and has been forced to withdraw from a planned UFC Fight Night 34 bout with Tatsuya Kawajiri.

MMAjunkie.com today learned of the scratch from sources close to the event. A search is currently underway for a replacement opponent, though UFC executives have yet to make an official announcement.

DoanLeandro Issa faces off against Russell e in a battle of UFC newcomers
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 11-30-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Thread Information