Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: TUF 18: Diaz vs Maynard

Fantastic idea. Nate vs Melvin. Although I can see Nate turning since its not really top contender fight

2. Default

Nate already choked Melvin out once. No point for a rematch.

Yeah Nate beat Melvin pretty handily. I don't see anything being different a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    It is not time for gray to hang it up, maybe take a step down in competition or reevaluate his training camps, but I think he could still be a solid fighter. He just isn't fighting for the title anytime soon, unless he steps his game up and makes a big run.
    I'd like to believe that but the guy went his entire career without getting knocked out then gets KO'ed in three of his last four. Im sure he could come back and still be a factor but at what cost?

I am undoubtedly the biggest, if not only, Maynard fan on this forum. I would love nothing more then to see him come back and start smashing people but, I think when your chin goes it's time to hang up the gloves. I'd like to see him walk away while he's still healthy, open a gym and focus on his new family.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    I'd like to believe that but the guy went his entire career without getting knocked out then gets KO'ed in three of his last four.
    He did get knocked out in that post tuf fight with rob Emerson. I mean technically he knocked himself out but ya know.......

Too bad Niinimäki's fight was dropped into the undercard and some poor women's fights were shown instead. That was some pretty slick grappling
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

Rematches happen in combat sports regardless of how a competitor lost to another. It happens when you have a matchmaking system based rank above hype and profit.

I missed the fight... does anybody have a GIF or a video of the TKO?

Thanks in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.

Nate put a good old beating on grey

Thread Information