Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo: Akira Corassaniís nose broken in five places due to illegal knee

Default Photo: Akira Corassaniís nose broken in five places due to illegal knee

Photo: Akira Corassani’s nose broken in five places due to illegal knee

According to Corassani (via Instagram):

Broke my nose in 5 places which was not as bad as the concussion from the knee. The dizziness got worse gradually and I was rocked as hell. Truthfully I dont remember much but this was not the way I wanted to win, I was more than ready for this fight and due to a stupid move the fight was ruined. Thanks for all your support and I’ll be back soon!

Really disappointed by the result of this fight. I was really expecting it to be a great fight.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

TUF 18 Finale results: UFCs Akira Corassani brands Maximo Blanco repeat illegal striker, 'might have something in his head'
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/12/1/51...lification-mma

It wasn't so clear, however, to Blanco, who curiously celebrated inside the Octagon and had to be informed by Yamasaki that he had in fact lost the fight. The Venezuelan fighter's coaches entered the cage and pleaded with the referee, insisting the rule was something that was "on its way out [of MMA]."

Moments later, Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) Executive Director Keith Kizer interrupted the dialogue and live microphones overheard him imploring Yamasaki to watch replay if he needed to, but it wasn't necessary.

For Corassani, who spoke with FOX Sports 1 after the event, the way the fight ended shouldn't come as much of a surprise to anyone.

"He knees a lot when a guy is on his way up. Listen, I don't want to be disrespectful or anything, but he has done this before, this is not the first time, he does this all the time. He did the same thing to Pat Healy -- Pat had a heel hook on him one time and he starts stomping him in Strikeforce which is illegal. I understand he trains and lives in Japan, he has a lot of fights in Japan where you can stomp and kick to the head, I don't know maybe he doesn't understand the rules -- I know he understands the rules but maybe something in his head..."
    Blanco's history of violence courtesy of the UG:

Not sure what the rules are like where he's fighting in those gifs but assuming stomps and soccer kicks are legal, the only one that looks bad to me is the third one.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Can anyone explain me why in some cases a fighter throws something illegal and he is declared winner, other times it is a NC and other times it is a DQ. How does it work?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Should have been a no contest. Akira was on his way up.

DQ is intentional or recklessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Can anyone explain me why in some cases a fighter throws something illegal and he is declared winner, other times it is a NC and other times it is a DQ. How does it work?
    DQ means the ref deemed it to be on purpose, NC is accidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Should have been a no contest. Akira was on his way up.

DQ is intentional or recklessness.
    I haven't seen it yet, but throwing knees when the opponent isn't up yet would be considered intentional no ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I haven't seen it yet, but throwing knees when the opponent isn't up yet would be considered intentional no ?
    It was a matter of timing. If the knee would have been one second later it would have been legal.
    "Iím the man of the hour, too sweet to be sour. What you see is what you get and what you donít is better yet. Iím the womenís pick, Iím the menís regret and if you pick against Chael Sonnen you made a bad bet." - Chael Sonnen

"The only thing I'd bet against Chael Sonnen about is whether or not he's clean." - LoRd pYrO

Quote Originally Posted by lordpyro View Post
    It was a matter of timing. If the knee would have been one second later it would have been legal.
    Which I understand him not waiting that extra one second makes it intentional though is all I'm trying to say.
    Last edited by Rise; 12-03-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Thread Information