Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Dodson out at UFC on FOX 9, Scott Jorgensen awaits new opponent

Default John Dodson out at UFC on FOX 9, Scott Jorgensen awaits new opponent

John Dodson out at UFC on FOX 9, Scott Jorgensen awaits new opponent

Scott Jorgensen will now wait on his third different flyweight opponent, as the former bantamweight has seen first Ian McCall and now John Dodson have been forced to withdraw from the matchup.

UFC officials today announced that Dodson has been forced out due to injury and that a new opponent is expected to be announced shortly.

UFC on FOX 9 takes place Dec. 14 at Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, Calif. The main card airs on FOX, but FOX Sports 1 and MMAjunkie.com carry the prelims, which was expected to include Dodson vs. Jorgensen.

WTF thats next week. sucks because I was looking forward to it but how are they going to get an opponent so quickly? There is not a deep pool of flyweights to choose from that are on weight, ready to fight and can be remotely competitive against a top guy like Jorgenson. Come to think of it there probably isn't anyone.

2nd opponent for Jorgensen to drop out. Talk about shitty luck.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

this fight deserved main card status anyway, hope they find someone

Cariaso springs to mind since he's booked in a meh fight this coming February, but who knows if many of these 125ers could even get down to FLW on such short notice.

Too bad Makovsky just fought, would've been a decent fight to bring him in on. Too bad also that they didn't find out sooner and pull the Benoit/Sampo fight and slot one of those guys in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post

Too bad Makovsky just fought, would've been a decent fight to bring him in on.
    Funny you mention that...

RFA Flyweight champion and former Bellator bantamweight champion Zach Makovsky looks to step up and fight Scott Jorgensen at UFC on Fox 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Funny you mention that...
    Like the boss that I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Like the boss that I am!

Drop the mic, walk off stage

Former Bellator champion and reigning RFA titleholder Zach Makovsky (16-4 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is UFC bound.

The fighter has replaced injured John Dodson (15-6 MMA, 4-1 UFC), who scratched from the card on Tuesday, and now meets fellow flyweight Scott Jorgensen (14-7 MMA, 3-3 UFC) at next week’s UFC on FOX 9 event.

MMAjunkie today confirmed the switch with sources close to the promotion. MMAWeekly.com first reported the signing. UFC officials haven’t formally announced the bout.

UFC on FOX 9 takes place Dec. 14 at Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, Calif. The main card airs on FOX. FOX Sports 1 and MMAjunkie carry the prelims, including Makovsky vs. Jorgensen.

After two straight defeats, including a title loss to Eduardo Dantas, Bellator released Makovsky in late 2012. Since then, the former Drexel University wrestler has picked up back-to-back wins over Claudio Ledesma and Matt Manzanares. The Manzanares win, which came just two weeks ago, earned him the promotion’s vacant 125-pound title.

Jorgensen, who initially was slated to fight Ian McCall then Dodson and now Makovsky, has fought under the Zuffa banner since 2008. He put together a 7-3 record in the WEC before the promotion shut its doors and ceded its talent to the UFC. Jorgensen opened his UFC career with wins over Jeff Curran and Ken Stone but has since gone just 1-3, though the losses came to top-ranked bantamweights Urijah Faber, Eddie Wineland and Renan Barao. The skid also included two “Fight of the Night” performances.

The latest UFC on FOX 9 card now includes:

MAIN CARD (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)

Champ Demetrious Johnson vs. Joseph Benavidez - for UFC flyweight title
    Urijah Faber vs. Michael McDonald
    Matt Brown vs. Carlos Condit
    Nik Lentz vs. Chad Mendes
    PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, MMAjunkie)

Ryan LaFlare vs. Court McGee
    Scott Jorgensen vs. Zach Makovsky
    Edson Barboza vs. Danny Castillo
    Mac Danzig vs. Joe Lauzon
    Bobby Green vs. Pat Healy
    Roger Bowling vs. Abel Trujillo
    Cody McKenzie vs. Sam Stout
    Alp Ozkilic vs. Darren Uyenoyama
    mmajunkie.com

This'll be a quick turn around for Zach, so he shouldn't have troubles getting back down and he's a lot more well suited to the 125 weight class.....

Still taking Jorgensen though, should be a really fun fight.

Yea, this has FOTN potential. I think he can make some noise in the division, but don't know if he can beat Benny or Mouse.

Thread Information