Thread: UFC picks up top Chechen featherweight prospect Zubair Tuhugov and Korean lightweight

Default UFC picks up top Chechen featherweight prospect Zubair Tuhugov and Korean lightweight

UFC picks up top Chechen featherweight prospect Zubair Tuhugov and Korean lightweight Tae Hyun Bang
    The UFC is continuing it's signing binge from last month with the pickup of top Chechen Prospect Zubair Tuhugov and another strong Korean in Tae Hyun Bang.

I've said this before, but for every handful of nondescript prospects I find myself talking about there's one really good one. Zubair Tuhugov is that prospect. A Russian Combat Sambo national champion, the 22 year old Tuhugov is already 15-3 in his 3-year MMA career. For those bad at math, that's six fights per year. Tuhugov is a bit hard to track down in terms of training camp, but I know he most recently spent a lot of time at Phuket Top Team, home to Bellator's Anthony Leone. Globo's Combate has the report.

Primarily a striker by trade, the featherweight Chechen, Tuhugov, has only one submission wins to his record and just five of his victories have come via TKO. However this belies his slick striking abilities. Unlike some of his current UFC Sambo counterparts, who rely more on timing and dynamism, Tuhugov is a polished, well reasoned striker with great head movement and fast hands. He fights with the confidence of a Sambo champion as well, making him a formidable talent in the ring. He does occasionally wing a few punches, but nothing that wont polish out with time and discipline. Because he favors a more boxing heavy stance he is somewhat more susceptible to takedowns, but gets to his feet well and is a beast in the clinch. Unfortunately for him (or fortunately, if he does well) he's getting top prospect treatment, as he'll be making his UFC debut against promotional mainstay Thiago Tavares in his first fight at featherweight at UFC Fight Night 36 in Jaragua do Sul, Brazil.

Another pair of recently announced signings have been confirmed for the UFC's upcoming Singapore card, which will see South Korean Tae Hyun Bang take on Austria's Mairbek Taisumov. The 30 year old Tae Hyun Bang trains out of Korean Top Team, alongside current UFC welterweight Hyun Gyu Lim, and former UFC middleweight Dongi Yang. He's 16-7 in a fighting career that stretches all the way back to 2004 and includes wins over Jutaro Nakao, Luiz Andrade, and Kazunori Yokota, as well as losses to Takanori Gomi and Jorge Masvidal (both by decision). In fact he's only lost once by stoppage, with the majority of his wins coming via the judges as well. It's notable as well, that his fights against Gomi and Masvidal appear recent on his record as he took three years off after a loss in 2010, to return with a TKO win in June of this year.

2. Default

Great anthor name I can not say and have to listen to Goldie and Joe screw up how to say Tuhugov
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Thread Information