Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One FC signs Ben Askren - Askren sets his sights on....Phil Baroni?

1. Default One FC signs Ben Askren - Askren sets his sights on....Phil Baroni?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/12/4...-baroni-one-fc

I know the world isn't exactly crying out for Ben Askren to make his ONE FC debut against Phil Baroni, but it appears that's the direction it could be heading. The former Bellator welterweight champ just signed with the organization, and there's honestly not a lot of real challenges on their roster for him at present. The most well-known is Baroni, who wasted no time trying to talk up a fight with Askren on twitter. And as usual, Askren wasn't about to let it go unanswered:

phil baroni ✔ @philbaroni
    Follow
    @FrontRowBrian if ya didn't know, now ya know Busta @ONEFCMMA 's Best Welterweight!
    8:50 PM - 3 Dec 2013
    Follow
    @FrontRowBrian @ONEFCMMA @Benaskren I was beating up Olympic wrestlers since 2001 and silver medalist at that
    Ben Askren @Benaskren
    Follow
    @philbaroni @FrontRowBrian @ONEFCMMA ha Phil you would go cry in the bathroom to your GF again after I finished abusing you.
    Follow
    @Benaskren @FrontRowBrian @ONEFCMMA Ha ha ha Kids got jokes and shit
    Ben Askren @Benaskren
    Follow
    @philbaroni @FrontRowBrian @ONEFCMMA wasn't a joke you seriously cried to your GF in a bathroom. It was embarrassing to even watch!
    10:06 AM - 4 Dec 2013
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

First of all, if Askren signed with OneFC to fight guys like Baroni instead of at least some good WWs in WSoF, then it's a joke. He said he wasn't about the money and wanted to challenge himself. Going to OneFC has to be about the money.

Follow
    @FrontRowBrian @ONEFCMMA @Benaskren I was beating up Olympic wrestlers since 2001 and silver medalist at that
    What the hell is he talking about? Lindland beat him back then. Now, when Baroni is definitely at the end of his career, Askren would mop the floor with him.

At least WSOF has Burkman, Fitch, Carl, Simpson, Gerald Harris, Santiago, Ford and maybe Palhares, I don't see anybody within OneFC that looks even remotely top 30, hell top 50 or maybe top 100 at WW.

Unless they want to drag out names like Sakurai and maybe Misaki or some UFC rejects like Larson, we're going to be seeing Askren against substantially lighter competition than he was facing in Bellator and here, he's not getting anywhere near the same publicity.

Wonder if the bridge back to Bellator is still upright?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    First of all, if Askren signed with OneFC to fight guys like Baroni instead of at least some good WWs in WSoF, then it's a joke. He said he wasn't about the money and wanted to challenge himself. Going to OneFC has to be about the money.

What the hell is he talking about? Lindland beat him back then. Now, when Baroni is definitely at the end of his career, Askren would mop the floor with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    At least WSOF has Burkman, Fitch, Carl, Simpson, Gerald Harris, Santiago, Ford and maybe Palhares, I don't see anybody within OneFC that looks even remotely top 30, hell top 50 or maybe top 100 at WW.

Unless they want to drag out names like Sakurai and maybe Misaki or some UFC rejects like Larson, we're going to be seeing Askren against substantially lighter competition than he was facing in Bellator and here, he's not getting anywhere near the same publicity.

Wonder if the bridge back to Bellator is still upright?
    Why can't he sign with both? I can see him going back and forth across the Pacific.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Why can't he sign with both? I can see him going back and forth across the Pacific.
    After the problems BFC had with 135 champ Dantas and Tyson Nam, I wonder if Viacom would be that forthcoming in allowing such a focal fighter work for another org?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    After the problems BFC had with 135 champ Dantas and Tyson Nam, I wonder if Viacom would be that forthcoming in allowing such a focal fighter work for another org?
    I'm sorry, I meant WSOF and One FC. No, I think he's done with Bellator for the forseable future, maybe for good.

LOL yep, he's all about the competition and wanting to challenge himself. Phil Baroni will definitely be a challenge. Definitely a step up from the likes of a free fight against GSP or Rory.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Two reasons:
    [1] He already turned down the WSoF contract
    [2] According to reports, it is an exclusive, two-year six-fight contract

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Two reasons:
    [1] He already turned down the WSoF contract
    [2] According to reports, it is an exclusive, two-year six-fight contract
    Well I guess that would be why.

no comment about Phil Baroni being a douche? I thought you guys were better than this. haha

Thread Information