Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva explains 'basic mistakes' that cost him UFC title

Default Anderson Silva explains 'basic mistakes' that cost him UFC title

Anderson Silva explains 'basic mistakes' that cost him UFC title

"My mistakes in that fight, and thatís the first time Iím saying this, were basic mistakes," Silva told Sportv. "I did everything I had to do except hit him. I didnít counterattack. When I stopped with my feet parallel, I should have hit him and walked one step behind. I didnít do that. I saw my mistakes and Iím working on that to train for this next fight."

The Brazilian won his 16 previous bouts under the UFC banner with 14 finishes, and expects the rematch to end the same way.

"Itís going to be a tough fight," he said, "and it wonít last too long if it stays standing."

After scoring the upset of the year, Weidman doesnít expect an easy bout in the rematch.

"I wish I could sit back and relax and I feel like Iíve accomplished my goal, but I gotta win this next fight bad," the undefeated champion said. "Every fight just feels like it's the life changer, feels like the most important fight of your life, and we're still there. This next fight is huge for me, I gotta win."

Taunting like a jackass and clowningaround against a guy that wasn't afraid of him was his mistake.

Basically his mistake was basically taunting and leaving his arms down and chin up. Basically disrespecting his opponents strength as well as mis judging his reach. Which led to him getting basically KTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Suisse drunk I'm having the funsies people not like my crazy
    someone should take my phone when I'm drunk.

It was definitely dumb of Anderson...I expect the calculated Anderson from the Vitor and Hendo fights to show up and put Weidman away in the rematch.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

He probably shouldn't have let Chris punch him in the face...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

6. Default

I am a Anderson fan but this is stupid. His mistakes where
    1. standing in front of a powerful MW with his chin in the air and his hands around his waist.
    2. Hiring Ed Soares
    3. Not firing Ed

Excuse are like ass holes everyone has them. Anderson needs to take it on the chin (pun intended) and move forward towards improvement or retire. Take the fights for real or do not do them. Something you think he would have learned after the Maia fight when everyone jump him afterwords.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

How is admitting to a mistake an excuse? He could have addressed his mistake more bluntly...but you know how Anderson can be when it comes to answering questions. He's a bit cocky. I'd be pretty surprised if he pulled anywhere near the same shit in the rematch. The look of disappointment on his face was so huge after that loss...

But yes, his actions have been ridiculous at times, especially in the Weidman fight. I surely didn't want to see a fighter taunt and get KO'd because of it in what was a highly anticipated main event. I'm sure alot of Anderson haters and Weidman fans enjoyed it. I just wanted to see both fighters give their best, and I don't feel Anderson did that. He still deserved to lose, he made his own bed. But that wasn't his best.
    Last edited by dbader08; 12-05-2013 at 06:38 AM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

8. Default

"...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Yawn.

Thread #129 about Anderson's first loss in the UFC.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

I think Anderson is great fighter, but I just fell like Chris is going to repeat his performance in the rematch. I don't think he is going to knock him out; but he will win the fight. I just feel that he has the tools to beat Anderson.

Thread Information