+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: UFC increasing PPV price for UFC 168

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    That's definitely one way you can look at it. Questioning why a product you want rose in price isn't what I was talking about. But if $5 is going to break the bank and cause problems, then you could probably better spend $54.99 on something more useful in your life than a PPV.
    I don't disagree with what you said but still nice for people on tight budgets to be able to splurge on a luxury once in a while

Also, sometimes you can complain of a price increase all you want, but if the cost of creating the product goes up, thus goes up the price of the product. I could be wrong, but I believe there are three people on this card that are getting PPV points in addition to their show/win salaries, if that's the case then I can see why they would bump up the price a bit, and it isn't unreasonable in my opinion. So, no you don't have to blindly accept a price increase, but if you don't you certainly have the option to watch it at a bar, online, or cry about not paying for it.
    The ppv points thing is based off sales though so the upfront cost to the UFC is the same. They are predicting pretty big sales numbers for this PPV so in reality the UFC is already making more then the normal amount they would without the price hike. The $5 for me or you is no big deal but it is pretty much just price gouging on the the part of the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Everybody guess what # post will be Pashak bitching about Dana White lying. .
    I am not bitching, I a just telling the truth, but if you like the idea of paying 60 bucks for cards like those then be happy doing it. I will never pay one dollar.
    Soon he will increase the price to 70 bucks and you will still be saying that I am bitching.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

3. 12-07-2013, 12:24 AM

UFC PPV price increase reflected in upcoming events, despite Dana White's claim that rate hike was strictly for UFC 168
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/12/24/5...dana-white-mma

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I am not bitching, I a just telling the truth, but if you like the idea of paying 60 bucks for cards like those then be happy doing it. I will never pay one dollar.
    Soon he will increase the price to 70 bucks and you will still be saying that I am bitching.
    I'm not saying you're right or wrong, I'm just saying you're predictable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Can't fucking wait for this card. Uncle Dana better not expect us to pay this price for every card, like cats recent post suggest, or I might have to get more teckno savy, which I don't want to do (become more techno savy plus my internet sucks!)

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Can't fucking wait for this card. Uncle Dana better not expect us to pay this price for every card, like cats recent post suggest, or I might have to get more teckno savy, which I don't want to do (become more techno savy plus my internet sucks!)
    Hop on the pirate ship.

Anyone attending this card?

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    If they were that good, we wouldnt have to make up a seperate segregated division for them, would we? I pay to watch professionals compete. If I wanted 2nd class athletes, Id watch amateur sports.
    Nicely said sir.

I didn't read the article, but did it state how much increase the cost for pirating it online would be? Gotta get my budget in order. Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information