Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC increasing PPV price for UFC 168

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Everybody guess what # post will be Pashak bitching about Dana White lying.

I'll go with #14.
    Pashak doesn't pay for PPVs anyway, so I doubt he will complain.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    if it was $30 i would consider buying them, but with that said when there is 55 events next year and out of those 55 events lets say half are PPV your looking at 660 dollars a year on fights if it was 30 dollars. at 60 dollars a ppv (assuming it stays this way) the UFC is expecting the average person so shell out 1,320 dollars on UFC fights ontop of their monthly satellite or cable bill. its unrealistic to think the average person can afford that.
    Could be where UFCs new channel comes into play. People pay a monthly fee for access (like HBO or The Movie Network) and you get access to all UFC content including ppvs at no additional cost. They can still use ppv for the casual purchasers. If they can charge, say $50 a month for the channel, its still within the range for casual fans, especially if they're promised 2-3 events a month regardless. This also "ropes" people into a subscription service which is usually more lucrative.

This would also allow them to reach more markets (for example I personally dont get a lot of the Fuel/FX/Fox Sports 1 shows, although lately SportsNet has been showing them). They can also show all the prelims which also means more commercials and advertising revenue.

There would obviously be issues with Fox, but im sure they could work something out.

serious question, who on here actually buys all of the PPV's the UFC puts on? I get it free on my satellite and havent paid for one in prob 4-5 years...
    I used to buy them all (usually splitting with people I think only once I bought the whole ppv and watched by myself) but then a buffalo wild wings opened right by us and we went there for most ppvs until I moved to Florida in July.

Oh no, $5 more? People complain too much. I'd much rather pay the price for this PPV and have a good all around card than pay $74.95 to watch one "good" fight on a boxing PPV.

Also, for all those saying, oh if it was $20 or $30 I'd buy it, I say BS. If you are already getting it for free, you would still get it for free and then be saying, if it was $10 or $15, etc.

And if you are already getting it for free, you have no reason to complain, it doesn't affect you.

I buy pretty much all of them, sometimes I go out to a bar to watch them, or in the case of GSP and Hendricks, the Theatre.

5. Default

I used to buy every ppv religiously, even including paying the 9.99 for the "free" events (since I dont pay for tv cable). Then, Jones ducked Chael, so I stopped buying any ppv he got a point off of(I dont support cowardace). Then, the introduction of WMMA started taking real, good fights off of cards, so I stopped buying ppv's with women in the main card.

Unfortunately now, Im down to buying one of every 4 or 5 ppvs. By raising the price, Id say it's going to be 1 in every 5-6 now.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Then, the introduction of WMMA started taking real, good fights off of cards, so I stopped buying ppv's with women in the main card.
    WMMA aren't real fights? Do you feel they are imaginary? Like the easter bunny?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

serious question, who on here actually buys all of the PPV's the UFC puts on? I get it free on my satellite and havent paid for one in prob 4-5 years...
    I buy them all. I mean its less than $100. I keep hearing people say I wont pay it I'll just go to the bar..............Shit I dont know what you boys are drinking but if I go to the bar and watch it I'm gonna end up closer to the $200 dollar range a pop.

Fuckin alcoholics
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Fuckin alcoholics
    Call it what you wanna call it Im a fuckin alcoholic

Slowly driving up the price is only going to see more people at bars and the evil illegal viewing and post event downloads. Not a great call at this point in time, IMO, from a UFC or provider stand point.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Thread Information